Please help with macbook LCD screen (has to be pressed to get it work!)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vista.john, Nov 12, 2008.

1. vista.john macrumors regular

I have a two-year old black macbook. Recently, the LCD screen behave very weirdly. The pictures wouldn't show up properly, it only shows vertical strips. It will work fine with external monitor. Now I just find out that if I press the up left corner of the display, I can make it work properly. But I can't hold it forever. :( (see attached pictures)

Please, I need advice here. Is it a screen problem? Graphic card? Inverter?
    The macbook is already out of warranty. I need a cheap solution to get it fixed...

Thanks in advance...

Attached Files:

2. kasakka macrumors 65816

Seems more like the flat cable going to the panel isn't connecting properly unless you press the screen. I suppose you could try taping it together or something.

3. vista.john thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for that advice. I've checked all the cable connections on the back of the LCD. They all seem to connect well...

Any other thoughts? thanks!

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

The connector to the screen should already have tape on it to make sure it does not fall out.

The main display cable runs up the middle of the back of the screen so pressing on the top left corner should not help.....

Sounds like you may have to inspect the cables - maybe one is broken internally and pressing on that corner "joins" the cable back together !

5. vista.john thread starter macrumors regular

thanks! Will do that and report back!

6. vista.john thread starter macrumors regular

It looks like it is the problem of loose of connections from that particular portion of LCD screen. I put couple of tapes to tight the corner. The LCD works.

Now I have another problem. The brightness of LCD cannot be adjusted. It is staying in super bright. Anybody knows how to fix it???

thanks!!!