Please help with MacBook Pro A1226

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ymer, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Ymer macrumors newbie

Hello everybody!

My A1226 was in use until recently then it just stopped.

Now all I get when I turned it on is garbled graphics and there's no boot to any OS.

I went to the local Apple Technical Support and they say they don't work with this model anymore(?!).

All in all this computer was a bit of a letdown, the DVD drive died when it was brand new, one of the speakers failed, the battery bloated and I no longer have a battery... I'd expect more durability from a MacBook Pro, the keyboard presented defects. It HAS been in use since 2007 but either way, I'm very

Here's a pic of the boot up screen. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

I thank you all in advance! :)

2. Fairfax macrumors member

Is this the first time your screen looked like that? I use an A1150 and at times if I was editing a picture in Photoshop the screen will freeze and end up looking like something similar to what is on your screen. I would then restart the computer just to have the screen freeze on boot up or once the desktop is shown. The cause of the problem for me was a bad logic board, to me it looks like that you will need to have your logic board replaced. I bought a used one on eBay and replaced it myself, it wasn't difficult.