Please help with MacBook Pro A1226

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ymer, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Ymer macrumors newbie

Hello everybody!

My A1226 was in use until recently then it just stopped.

Now all I get when I turned it on is garbled graphics and there's no boot to any OS.

I went to the local Apple Technical Support and they say they don't work with this model anymore(?!).

All in all this computer was a bit of a letdown, the DVD drive died when it was brand new, one of the speakers failed, the battery bloated and I no longer have a battery... I'd expect more durability from a MacBook Pro, the keyboard presented defects. It HAS been in use since 2007 but either way, I'm very

Here's a pic of the boot up screen. Any help is appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It sounds like you went to a place that services Apple machines, right? It wasn't Apple retail. Do you have an Apple retail store nearby? If so, take it there.

It appears to be a graphics issue. I believe this is a Santa Rosa MacBook Pro. I would absolutely call Apple and see if they're still doing out-of-warranty work on these machines. There was a known graphics problem and Apple was repairing them out of warranty.

As for the other issues, my hope is that as the issues came up, you had them repaired. Unfortunately, saying there were issues before and it is a let down is moot today. Hopefully you didn't just ignore the other problems while you still had a warranty.

Also, it is a 2007 machine. Most windows-based PCs I have owned never saw more than 3 years at best. The fact that until now you were still happily rocking this 2007 machine is pretty great. It is getting long in the tooth, I wouldn't be so down on Apple if I had a 6 year old computer that was just now inoperable.

Again, call or go to Apple. This may be covered, oddly enough. Unless I have the model wrong. In that case, sorry.