Please help with my presentation!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kmarketing, Jan 15, 2008.

1. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have to make an oral presentation for a graduate school class that I am taking. I was thinking that it would be wonderful to have some visual aids in the form of video.

I've found some online news clips that I would like to use but I don't know how to save/record/copy them. Could you please help me?

I did a search and it leaves me to software like jing. Is there something else that you would recommend?

Here's one example that I would like to use for the presentation:

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/school.sex.tape.2.336459.html

Is there a way of just copying/recording the video? Is there a way of enlarging it to full screen (or close to it)?

Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time!

2. McGiord, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  3. kmarketing thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

Thanks! I actually got onto the page before I wrote this thread, but I guess since I'm new to all of this, I didn't know what I was looking at.

Honestly, I didn't even know what "streaming video" meant. Pretty sad!

I saw jing, and it looks like something I could use, but I would need internet access while making the presentation which I cannot guarantee. So I may need something else.

Is there a particular program the mac users like? Again, I'm so new to all of this!

Thanks again!

4. kmarketing thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

I finally clicked on the macheist link, and I think I may have looked what I am looking for - snapz.

Please let me know if you any experience with it and if it will help with what I need.

Also if you have snapz, will it degrade the quality when I record videos?

Thanks so much!