Please help with my RMP water damage

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skim04c, Nov 25, 2014.

1. skim04c, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

skim04c macrumors newbie

here's my story..

Today morning, i packed my 2014 13in retina macbookpro in my incase back pack and I also put water bottle (fpurified water) which I usually dont do!!!. After several hours of school, i realized that my backpack is wet. I soon checked my backpack and found out that water was leaking from water bottle and almost 16oz of water soaked bottom of my backpack. I then quickly removed my rmp from back (i believe it was on sleep mode when i put it in my backpack) and found that side of my laptop had excess of water but fortunately or not the keyboard and screen were clean and dry. I wiped out water from the side of laptop and left untouched for few hours. I didn't check forum at then and I was very nervous and tried to turn on my laptop (it was stupid). It tried to boot up then with click sound form hard drive ( i guess) it shut off. I thought it was battery issue and I plugged ac adapter (green light was lit) and tried to turn on again and i heard system booting sound from laptop but soon with click sound again it shut off. Then i became so nervous and searched forum relating to this water damage issue and now knowing how stupid i was trying to turn on within very short time.

Currently i put my laptop on heater covered with towel (unplugged) to let it dry all excess water inside laptop for 3 days.

Since I didn't spill water over the keyboard and thinking that some of water entered through usb port, sd slot, or vent... Would this case be wose than spilling water over the keyboard? It's only 3month old laptop and I really don't wanna pay $$$over such stupid incident...

Update1: would general 1 year warranty cover water damage?

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Your warranty does not cover liquid damage. Contigo will not help you.

Go to your local Apple Service Provider for a quote for the repair.

3. skim04c thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes.. I thought filing issue to contigo was stupid idea too. I guess i will just have to wait and go to apple store...