Please help with preview picture and Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Macbooky, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Macbooky macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've just got an iMac this week and need help please. I have set Entourage as my default email client but every time I open a photo in Finder's 'preview' and then click 'file' and 'Mail image' it opens up Mail to send it and not Entourage. Help please anyone?

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Try looking in the mail app's preferences to see if it says it is the assigned app for anything.

3. Macbooky thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Ive checked mails preferences and cannot see that it's assigned to anything in there. The default mail client is set to Entourage in mail's preferences. This is driving me mad!

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Where you using the services menu item in preview, by chance? Those are app specific and don't work with other apps.

5. Macbooky thread starter macrumors newbie

No, not using the 'Services' menu in preview. just using 'file' then 'mail image' options.
    Im assuming that the 'mail image' option means to send it to your default email client where as it actually looks like it means using the osx 'mail' application only. So whatever your default email client may be the 'mail image' option will only send it to 'mail' and that cannot be changed.

6. Macbooky thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link. It was exactly the problem I was having. Thanks very much for all your help. Its greatly appreciated. Cheers!

7. barkandgargle macrumors newbie

The link you provided is no longer active. I'm having this problem and would love to know how to solve it. (How to select to send a photo in Preview to Mail and have it open in Entourage, not Mac Mail.) Anyone know the answer to this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!