Please help with shsh question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Geoff., May 6, 2010.

1. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

I jailbroke my phone 2 days ago using spirit. Its a 2 week old iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 MC model. I Didnt save my shsh file or whatever that is because i wasn't really sure what it did but now i know i need it to downgrade if a new firmware update comes out.

What should i do?

Restore/backup to before the JB/save shsh/jailbreak again

or can i somehow save my shsh now eventhough my phone is jailbroken.

Btw i have downloaded iPhone3GS-3.1.3-Restore.ipsw if that is anygood to me? Im a n00b with all this. Please help me out. Thanks

2. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

3. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

But cydia says TSS SHSH notuce is disabled: insane traffic to TSS server due to spirit release has made looking up what blobs are on file painfully slow ?

4. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Oh yeah, they're getting hammered due to the release of the Spirit jailbreak. Your best bet is to wait a couple days until things calm down. As long as you get your SHSH on file before the release of 4.0 (or 3.1.4, if they decide to do that), you'll be fine.

5. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Ok thats good. What if 3.1.4 comes out before the servers calm down am i f**ked ?

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Only until 4.0 comes out ;) But there hasn't been any indication that there will even be a 3.1.4, and it would be surprising if it came out tomorrow, so I wouldn't lose sleep over this. Just keep trying with Saurik's server and you'll get it soon enough. :)

7. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Okay thanks for that, il post back on how things go over the next few days