Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dee0007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2018
Hello,

I need help with receiving sms messages again on my mini ipad. I have used my ipad previously for imessages and sms messages from my phone. I have accidentally loged out of my account on the ipad and haven't used the ipad for messages for a few months. Recently I have loged into my account on the ipad and i am receiving imessages but now regular sms messages. Why is that? is there a setting that i have to do or is it simple a fact that with the recent IOS updates the ipad will no receive sms messages?

I read on line to go into settings into my iphone (iphone 8) and in messages to choose "forward messaging"
this feature is not shown on my iphone.

How do I setup to receive sms messages again on my ipad please

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
On your phone:

>Settings
>Messages
>Text message forwarding
>Check option for your iPad

You should then get a notification on your iPad that message forwarding has been setup.

If that doesn't work, log out of iMessage on both iPhone & iPad and log back in again to reinitialise, repeating the process above.

dee0007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2018
On your phone:

>Settings
>Messages
>Text message forwarding

You should then get a notification on your iPad that message forwarding has been setup.

If that doesn't work, log out of iMessage on both iPhone & iPad and log back in again to reinitialise, repeating the process above.

Like i mentioned before "text messages forwarding" does not appear, its not an option.
maybe this used to be in an old ios??

which ios does this option appear???
[doublepost=1526993255][/doublepost]
On your phone:

>Settings
>Messages
>Text message forwarding

By the way I am using ios 11.3.1 version

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Log out of iCloud on both devices.

Then do the same on iPad.

Turn off both devices.

Turn on both devices.

Then do what the others said above.

It will work. Trust me.

dee0007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2018
Log out of iCloud on both devices.

Then do the same on iPad.

Turn off both devices.

Turn on both devices.

Then do what the others said above.

It will work. Trust me.

Thank you.

Just to be clear , when you say logoff icloud thats going to Settings - iTunes & Appstore, and logoff from the apple ID as indicated on the top?

and when i go to icloud on my iphone , i do not see any options that i can turn on for messages or imessage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.