Please help with this bizarre screenshot issue I'm having .. ?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by eroxx, Aug 17, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Hi! I have an iMac and a MacBook Pro. On both, I use grabbox, which takes screenshots and uploads them to the public directory in dropbox. On my iMac, however, screenshots are ALSO being saved on the desktop ... Why is this???

2. Mattie Num Nums macrumors 68030

Mattie Num Nums

I don't know said Application however the Desktop is the standard place OSX places Screenshots when you use the build in Screenshot command.

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wonder if the reverse questions helps - why AREN'T screenshots uploaded to desktop on my macbook pro ... ?

4. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I don't have your application installed, but have you tried checking or unchecking this option:
    [​IMG]
    ?

5. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not on the imac now, but I BET that's it! Thank you so much!

PS - how did you create that square around the screenshot? Looking for an easy tool to do things like that ... Thanks again!

6. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

OS X's Preview.app has had this functionality integrated since Leopard. You can get to it, by selecting Tools->Annotate or View->Show Annotations Toolbar in the menu bar. :)

7. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Somewhat related, I'd love a way for preview to automatically open a screenshot once it's taken .. Is there a script/automator way to do that?