Please Help with touch 1G dock/speaker station

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by DaBrain, Mar 18, 2010.

1. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Im looking to buy a dock/speaker setup for my 1st gen touch. I have done a ton of reading but still have some questions, so any help would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to have a small footprint, that will not hinder the Wi-fi on the touch and sound quality does not need to be Great. Just usable and sounds OK. All in one dock/station.

My main interest is Audio Apps that I have and the ability to control the touch/apps while docked using the touch wi-fi.

Can I independently control the touch while it's docked?

I would like to use the dock/station mainly for listening to my Reciva Internet Radio App and other Radio Apps like vTuner. At the same time I would like the touch to be charging with no usb connection to my Mac.

Basically I want something very portable that can sit on desk at my office and not take up a lot of space and be able to use any App on my touch.

Would that work?

Im not looking for top of the line audio. Just something that plays my Radio audio without noise from the charging process or from the AC adapter.

Lastly IF possible, IM looking for something that will let the touch to work both in the vertical and landscape mode. I found one but it will not charge the touch.

IM willing to spend around $100 and would appreciate any recommendations and experience that you may have had.

Thanks in advance for your time. ;):D

2. DaBrain thread starter macrumors 65816

DaBrain

3. androiphone macrumors 65816

there must be hundreds of speaker systems on the market, all of them you will be able to use wifi and listen to music while it charges, or if you listen to music through an app then you cant do anything else on the ipod while the app is open but you can do other things while the music is playing from the ipod app

pretty much almost any here would fit your purpose some even come with remotes so you can skip/play/pause tracks on the ipod app from across the room, all should be fine audio quality for your purpose

on the able to rotate feature that doesnt really exist on any device I've seen

4. metalhead777 macrumors regular

http://www.gizmag.com/i-station-rotate-ipod-dock-goes-both-ways/10408/
    It may be over your budget, but I'm sure you can sacrifice some things that are not necessary. :D :apple: