iPhone Please help with upgrade from IOS 6.1.1 to 6.1.2 - iPhone 4s

iMAK79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Hey everyone,

I know this issue was there for a long time, some was successful and some still struggling. OK, here is my case.

I have a non jailbroken iPhone 4s with IOS 6.1.1 and I want to upgrade it to 6.1.2 in order to jailbreak it with evasion.

I have downloaded the correct IPSW for my 4s from here: http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-6.1.2-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-direct-links/

and from iTunes with the option+restore or option+upgrade I get the following error message "This device isn’t eligible for the requested build".

I tired the fix given here but without success
http://osxdaily.com/2011/11/03/fix-this-device-isnt-eligible-for-the-requested-build-error-in-itunes-when-updating-ios/

I am running the latest iTunes 11.0.4 on MAC 10.8.4.

Please let me know if you can drive this issue to success.

Thanks

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
It's not possible at this stage, I'm afraid. You'll either have to stay on 6.1.1 or move to 6.1.3 (which is not currently jailbroken).

iMAK79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Thank you, Nermal.

If this is the case then I will do the jailbreak on 6.1.1. But before jailbreaking the phone, I would like to restore the phone to the factory settings, how can I perform this, from the phone settings or iTunes restore option?

One thing to add is that my phone is factory unlocked.

Last edited:

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If you're not jailbroken now, then you can do Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. DO NOT do this if you've already jailbroken since writing your other post!

iMAK79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
I was not able to do the erase all contents and settings as I was restricted with the restriction passcode which I forgot. I was forced to jailbreak it and remove the restriction with iFile.

The device is now jailbroken and I have restored with the latest backup I did.