Please help, wrong colours in OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AdvocateUK, Jul 7, 2009.

1. AdvocateUK macrumors regular

AdvocateUK

Switched my Mac Pro on tonight and started Safari 4, when the Apple start page opened up the background was grey instead of white. So I fired up Firefox 3.5, same problem. Any webpage that should have a white background now has a grey background.

Even worse was to come, this problem also affects various programs in OS X, Activity Monitor for one, the "copy" dialog also.

Any ideas anyone?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. AdvocateUK thread starter macrumors regular

AdvocateUK

Zapping the PRAM didn't help, neither did repairing permissions.

The solution it seemed was to use the Apple supplied Color Profiles for my ACDs instead of the newly created calibrated profiles that I did last night.

How strange :confused:

3. macuser154 macrumors 6502

Are you on Snow Leopard? It could be a bug in that.

4. larkost macrumors 6502a

That you had just used a color calibrator would have been a good thing to mention right off the bat. It sounds like your color calibration went wrong, and the white got set to that color. Probably the spider was not quite aligned right.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

+1 on mentioning that little tidbit

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. AdvocateUK thread starter macrumors regular

AdvocateUK

Wel the reason I didn't mention it was because on "images" on websites that had a white background, the background remained white. But the other white spaces didn't.

I'm beginning to think this is an issue with Snow Leopard.

One thing I did learn while calibrating is that the eyeone match software only runs in Rosetta, I may have to look at other solutions once SL is final.

Oh just as a FYI (and actually maybe alarm bells should have started ringing at the time), when I used ColorEyes Display Pro to calibrate my monitor developed a horrible blue caste to it, which forced me to use the eyeone match software. *sigh* Sorry guys I'll try and learn from this, thanks for your help anyways though.