PLEASE HELP! Xbox 360 Controller

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JakeMS3, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JakeMS3 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I've been a long time reader of MacRumors but just finally registered. I need some help and this seemed like the place to ask. So here goes....

I just downloaded GTA: Vice City today and bought a Xbox 360 wired controller to use with the game. I downloaded the driver found here...
    http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver My problem is after the download and install is complete and I open up the preferences and connect my controller, it will be recognized for a split second, then nothing. If I unplug the controller my computer freaks out. I'll close system preferences and try to reopen but nothing happens. The system preferences icon will appear on the dock but won't actually open. If I go to restart the computer I just get the spinning beach ball thing. So my only option is to hold the power button till the computer shuts down.

Hopefully someone can help. I appreciate anyone who takes the time and assist me!

Thanks,

Jake

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

3. JakeMS3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Serious question. How in anyway did that sound like a sales pitch?

4. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Apologies, but when a new member starts there first thread with "I just got this thing from this site that does something you shouldn't be able to do" type request, it's usually a scam or sales site. No offence intended.

I wasn't aware this was even an option, so thanks for enlightening me. A quick read up suggests it will work best with "Games for windows" type game. Where did you get GTA from?

Edit- this thread might help360 controller with steam games.

5. JakeMS3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Rockstar Games just released GTA: III and Vice City and I believe San Andreas comes out next week. They are available for download on the Mac App Store for $14.99 each.

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm having a very similar problem. I'm not trying to play those particular games, but I have a similar controller, and my Mac just plum refuses to recognize it.