Please Help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nickcooney, Nov 27, 2010.

1. nickcooney macrumors newbie

Hi i have an Iphone 3gs 16gb i recently jailbroke it using redsn0w and it was working fine and everything seemed to be normal, last night i started having reception issues where my phone would say it had no service so i would put it on aeroplane mode and off so it would re search for service and it would come back until this morning i could not get any at all. i restored my iphone through itunes and then i got a message saying insert a valid sim so i jailbroke it again and then now i have no options for push notifications and it doesnt even search for my carrier and have restored it again and no jailbroke it and still its not searching for carrier service and even worse i have nothing coming up on the phone no apps or camera icon, messages, contacts nothing at all the screen is just completely blank what do i do can anything fix this please help!!!!

2. Hologram777 macrumors member

Hologram777

try um hooking it to itunes and restore again, and possibly try a restore without sim card installed? i dunno man, this is why i dont jailbreak but i would just try restoring its all you really can do

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try restoring it again. Its not software unlocked or trying to use it on unofficial carrier?

4. nickcooney thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i restored it again but it comes up saying
    No SIM card installed insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iphone.

How do i fix this?? Please help so frustrating!

Thanks HEAPS!!!!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well insert a valid sim then.
    Is you iphone locked to a particular carrier and you're trying to use it on another carrier like I asked you above?
    Was it JB and unlocked?

6. nickcooney thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry i didnt see that you had asked that, Its locked to Telstra which is an australian carrier and i am using the same sim as it has always used, the iphone finally activated itself and seems to be working fine and looks right, i cant find any of the jailbreaking software on the phone but for some reason it still says i have no service? is there any other reason for this??

Really appreciate ur help

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When you restore you iphone thru itunes all your JB stuff is gone. Its now back to factory firmware. You will have to JB it again and then install all your JB packages again.
    Not sure why your sim gets no service, I'd call up your carrier and troubleshoot it though. Maybe reset network settings and restart to see if you get signal. Or maybe there's an outage in your area.
    Maybe get a new sim or try removing and re-inserting your sim in the phone.

8. nickcooney thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks heaps ur a champ!!

Only thing i dont understand is i have signal but minimal signal and it hangs around then drops out for a while then comes back could this have anything to do with the iphone or definitely call my carrier??

Thanks again

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a carrier issue like an outage, I'd give them a call.