Please help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Confusedme, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Confusedme macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Right long story short I broke my iPhone 3gs and my laptop falling down the stairs...yes great day!
    Any way laptop not repairable iPhone was and also now have my iPhone 4 upgrade I haven't installed iTunes on my lap top yet as i don't know which iPhone to connect first to get all my old files from my old iPhone to my new computer to my new iPhone 4 !!! If I haven't confused you yet and your following please help spent a fortune on music and I want it back

Thanks

Heather

2. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

Apple will allow you to redownload music you bought from iTunes. You would lose your music though if you sync with new computer though

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Your best bet is to probably pull the old hard drive, put it in an enclosure, and copy the iTunes folder off the old drive.

4. Confusedme thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Second problem my old laptop is now legally property of the insurance company so I can't get it, am i fighting a loosing battle?

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You didn't say whether you are using a Mac or PC.
    Sharepod works on PC Sharepod
    Senuti works on Mac Senuti