Please help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphoneuser1212, Oct 25, 2011.

1. iphoneuser1212, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

iphoneuser1212 macrumors newbie

Those who are iPhone fluent...

I'm a university student and was riding the bus route where my iPhone 3G fell out of my sweat pants pockets. Although I didn't realize it until about ten minutes later and the bus had pulled away. I began calling the phone almost immediately and it was going straight to voice mail. This was a problem because my iPhone's sleep/wake button is broken and I cannot turn off the phone. I kept calling and eventually it rang through and someone answered. Turns out is was another student who found it on the ground outside of his dorm. I was able to meet up with him and get my phone back, thank god, but now I'm locked out. My background is different and my password has been changed. I know it is my phone because it had my SIM card in it and a memorable crack on the bottom of the back.

So what I'm asking is there anybody who knows how I can get back into my phone? Remember the sleep wake button is broken so I can't put it into recovery mode. Also I don't have an email set up so that emergency call trick won't work.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

But what do you need to do just turn it on?
    You can charge it and after plugging it into a USB port on your computer it should power on by itself.
    Or Find a repair shop to fix your power button.

3. iphoneuser1212 thread starter macrumors newbie

applejuiced

No my password is no longer what it was before I lost it and now I'm completely locked out. It won't even sync with my computer until I type the password into the iPhone.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The only way you can do now is to restore your phone & then back up whatever data you have on your phone previously that was sync to your Itunes.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That doesnt make any sense.
    Your password somehow changed?
    You can restore it by putting it in DFU but you wont be able to do that without the power button.
    Get it fixed.

6. iphoneuser1212 thread starter macrumors newbie

All I know is that the phone was disabled for about an hour. I assume this was done by removing my SIM card because I can't actually power off the phone. My only explanation is that whoever had it tampered with it. I am 100% positive it's my phone. I've stared at the phone enough to know the scratches.

Although, yes, I will inevitably take it into the Apple store but I was hoping for some way around that.

Crystal-RX: I can't figure out how to restore it without a working sleep/wake button. Also when I connect to iTunes it won't connect until I type in the password. It's not even recognizing it as the name I put on it, only as iPhone.

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

8. iphoneuser1212 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well to anyone who cares I ended up holding the sleep/wake button down as hard as I could. After many attempts I finally got the iphone into recovery mode and it's being restored now...success is so sweet

Thanks everyone:D