Please Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by epmatsw, Dec 1, 2007.

1. epmatsw macrumors member

My iMac is committing slow suicide. Okay, so I installed leopard, got the latest updates, added my music, some apps, and then turned on time machine. I noticed some slowdown, so I decided to turn it off. Slight problem: I can't. Every single time I enter the system preferences pane for time machine, it stops responding. So, I gave up for a while, but the problems have only gotten worse. Apps beachball randomly, finder locked up and would'nt relaunch. And to top it all off, the 1 minute startup time I had after my install has become 5 and a half minutes. Is that normal? Please help me, or I might do something drastic, like removing time machine completely or downgrading to tiger again.

2. epmatsw thread starter macrumors member

3. maartenstrack macrumors newbie

slow

I have a similar problem
    Have Leopard loaded on an external drive and its getting very very slow and it is getting worse. Opening files is hardly impossible. I'am a professional user and i can't get any speed in my work. Using Indesign Acrobat Quark all the graphic art softwares.

Who can help to get in production again

A digital printer:mad:

4. maartenstrack macrumors newbie

Found today the cure fore a lot of problems

Create a new accound on the mac and most problems will dissepeare it seems that it remembers root directions from the tiger 10.4 Try it out