Please Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maximill15, Dec 19, 2007.

1. maximill15 macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,
    I'm new to this forum, but have been using mac for a long time and have never experienced anything like this. So, i have a brand new iMac, 24" screen and have all the new software updated and all that, and last night, I noticed that my screen saver hot corner wasn't working, but all my other hot corners were working.

So, I decided to restart my computer, thinking that maybe this would do the trick. Well my computer wouldn't restart, so I took matters into my own hands and held down the power button for 6 secs to shut it down. Well when i turned my computer back on it opened set-up assistance(you get this when you first turn on a brand new computer and put in all your info).

So I thought this was pretty odd, but decided to enter in my info again and once i finished it took be back to the start again! Its in a loop and I can't get passed it! Should I call Mac support or has anyone gone through this? thanks

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

There are several threads about this very issue. A search for setup assistant loop on these forums turned up 6 useful results.

3. maximill15 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, sorry to create a new thread!:eek: