Please help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by landlover, Jan 24, 2008.

1. landlover macrumors newbie

Hi, the HD was making all kinds of noise, so I figured it might be going bad and besides I wanted more space. So it was replaced with a bigger HD and cloned the original on the new one. The original was going bad, damaged files and rescued items where I have no idea where they go, recovery is to much and everything in my account seems to be fine. So I want to use all the original os system discs and reinstall everything so there are no surprises later down the road. How is this done, there are applications in here with no disc to reinstall it, I do have receipts though. I have a backup of keychains, mail, etc. etc. Do any of you have any words of wisdom for me. This endeavor is very intimidating. Please

Thank You
    Damon

2. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

if the apps had install passwords, and you still have them, just move the apps to your new hd and voilà.

3. landlover thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Can I just clone this new HD onto a removable HD and then reinstall the OS on and just transfer what I want back to the new HD? Would that be the easiest way to do it? Just afraid it will not go as planned.

Thanks Again
    Damon