Please Help....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vpellegrini, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Vpellegrini macrumors newbie

I bought an iphone 3g today from a guy on craigslist, it was unlocked and jailbroken. i wanted to use it for t-mobile, i put my sim in and it worked. the guy then said he needed to clear it out so his contacts and everything wouldnt be in there so he took the phone for a minute and handed it back to me and said it would take a few minutes to load up.

It NEVER loaded back up just stayed stuck on the apple screen, when i got home i paniced and call apple. they walked me thru a restore problem is i had to update to restore. once the iphone restored it is now stuck in the restore mode. when it turna on it goes diectly to the screen with the usb plug and and the itunes logo, and says emergency calls only! all i know how to do is hold the power and home button to reboot but it doesnt work.

Is there anyway to fix this???

If so could somebody please walk me thru how to do it i really have know idea what im doing and im panicing because i just spent a pretty penny on this baby......please help
    anything is appreciated...im lost

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why did you call Apple to help you with a JB and unlocked iphone?
    You updated to the latest 3.1.3 baseband and that cannot be unlocked now or downgraded to be unlocked.
    You can JB it and use it as an ipod touch for the moment untill a future baseband unlock is released.
    The guy(dummy) that sold it to you should have restored it at home while maintaining an unlockable baseband and then JB and unlocked it before he gave it to you.
    What he did is hit the "Erase all content and settings" and then handed it to you non functional expecting you to figure out how to do all that on your own. Like restoring to non 3.1.3 firmware and then jailbreak and unlocking thru various tools/programs.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can re-jailbreak it (Redsn0w) and use Cydia to try FuzzyBand. Only works for bootloader 5.08. If Fuzzy Band won't work...you will have to wait for a new unlock tool to be able to use it on T-Mobile.

4. Vpellegrini thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks for the responses and input guys i appreciate it. I just want to sell it to somebody with att now just to recoop some of my losses. but when i put in an att sim and is still stuck in recovery mode can anybody help get me out of that?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Plug it in to itunes and restore it.
    Then put a valid AT&T simcard in order to activate it while plugged in to itunes.
    Or just sell it the way it is. The new owner could handle the rest.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Another idea

Go back on caigslist find somebody experanced with jailbreaking and unlocking. You have a 3G so it's not that difficult and they shouldn't charge more then $20 then you can do what you like with the phone. At the very least you will get more money if you resell it.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

She can no longer unlock I though. It has been restored thru iTunes to latest firmware 3.1.3

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well

I was hoping the original owner was smart enough to save it in Cydia I know she can't unlock but a working JB phone is still worth more then the non working phone she has now. or find a friend with a at&t sim so at least it's usable.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that would be something but I dont think thats what she wants to hear.
    She bought an iphone to be able to use it as a phone on Tmobile.
    Sucks that the seller was missinformed and erased all content and settings before he handed it to her.

10. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

What part of the OP did they write that it was a 3GS? Am I missing something?
    If she can get it into DFU mode, why wouldn't she be able to get 3.1.2 on it?

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

The problem

is the baseband she can get the 3.1.2 on there with out trouble but the higher baseband would still be there preventing unlocking. I forgot in my last post she had 3g. But clearly it would be worth $20 to find somebody on craigs that can help her downgrade and jb.