PLEASE HELPPPP, ifile problem!!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Savethecheese95, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Savethecheese95 macrumors newbie

I really need help! A lot of you know that when you go to ifile then application it shows all your apps. However they're random 32 digit number instead of the applications name.( well it does for me) I got tired of trying to find my application by click all the folder so I decided to change all the application name! But something REALL BAD happened...all the apps name that I changed got messed up...the app icons became white...I want to rechange the name of the apps in ifile but idk how! I tried reinstalling, deleting, turning it off, basically everything! I REALLY don't want to restore my iPad because it has SOOOOO MUCH stuff that I can't erase. It would take days to regain all my stuff back. Is there a way to make my apps show pictures again?(the apps work fine)

2. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

Well you may just have to restore from a backup.

What are you trying to do by accessing the Applications. If you just want to change the name displayed on the spring board I believe you just edit the InfoPlist.strings file in the English.Iproj folder of the application you want to change.

3. Anup2104 macrumors newbie

iFile has an option in it to show the application names rather than the long digits reference, all you had to do was select that in the options. FYI you can also do this for the music files.

4. Savethecheese95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol thanks for the help but I fixed it. I just had to reinstall them :)

5. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

A little access can be a bad thing. SBSettings tells you (under "more") where the folders are and their names w/those numbers. Changing a name in a system is, well, ill-thought-out. As you discovered.

6. Siggen macrumors 6502

so you lied to us?!?!?!