Please, I need [trade] advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FatPuppy, Feb 14, 2014.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I have an r mini 32 gb wifi that I don't really use at all, don'task me why I've bought it. The thing is that I've found an iphone 5 16gb neverlocked new on 500 dollars and the guy wants me to give him the ipad r mini and he gives me the ip5. I really want an iphone 5 and I use the iphone 4 all the time but it's really slow and I don't play games anymore on ipad r mini or iphone.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

What is your question:

1. should you do the deal?
    2. is it an equitable deal?
    3. could you be screwed?

3. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

Why not just sell the rMini and buy the iPhone 5S lol?

4. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Cause the used r mini in my country costs 500 dollars 32gb and iphone 5s used is 700

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

definitely not a good deal in my opinion. id sell the iPad privately and try to buy an iPhone by yourself. you would be getting the ***** end of the stick in that deal.

6. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

That's what I suggested to haha.

----------

What?!? Why not just by a new 5S? If you haven't used the retina mini and it has no dings or dents, then someone will be willing to be good money for it.

7. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Long story short, people are dumb in my country and when you buy a 600 dollar object and sell it even though it looks perfect, they will buy it for half the price. Most of the people here in Romania don't even know the difference betweet mini 1 and r mini, they think it's just another mini with a different color. But you're right, I can't take the deal, I was hoping to buy an 5s in exchange but that damn phone is 1000 dollars in my country and an iphone 5 new unopened neverlocked is 700 dollars.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

9. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Considering the staggering price of even an iPhone 5, I'd gladly make the exchange, only if the iPhone is mint.