please, I really need help (white scrolls again)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Silver472, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Silver472 macrumors newbie

Silver472

look, what happened was, I installed fw changer on the ipod touch. then I uninstalled it (I always do this with an app). until here all ok. then, I don't know why, but i decided to turn my iPod touch off and on again. but when I turned on, white scrolls appeared and now home and lock buttons don't fix it, and my itunes doesn't detect it. what can I do to restore or put my iPod back to normal? this is urgent, please help me!

2. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

Try restore mode one more time ... and if that doesn't help ... try dfu mode and go with standard restore..
    Should fix your problem.

3. Silver472 thread starter macrumors newbie

Silver472

I fixed it. I just followed some instructions like pressing the home and the lock buttons and releasing them, it was easy, but thx anyway.

4. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

Thats exactly what I meant. DFU mode Is what you just did to save your ipod.

5. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

DFU mode is a life saver. You cannot "break" your iPod touch via software, only physically. The only time DFU mode would not save you is if your iPod has no software at all on it, which I believe is near impossible to do. So thank God (and Apple) for DFU mode on the iPhone and iPod touch.