Please! Ideas for christmas!?!

NoIdea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I'm starting to worry already.
What should I buy my boyfriend? I really need a good idea. It's the same problem every year. :confused:
Anyone with ideas? Lets share

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
How about a very cool, different watch?

Just ordered one, a friend in another state told me about his. Can find them all over the place for under $100.

Bernoulli Crazy Hour Watch

At first glance, one has to wonder who had the audacity to place the abstract Arabic numerals in what seems like completely random spot. But are they truly random? If you turn the crown and watch the luminous hands spin, the hour hand ‘jumps’ 150 degrees from one number to the next. Crazy? Perhaps. However, don’t let this distract you from the beautiful construction of the tonneau case with etched sides, or the stitched faux crocodile leather strap. In fact, this timepiece is appropriate for both the easy going and the professional gentleman alike.

Attachments

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Well, what are his interests (besides you), and what is your price range? Since you're posting here, are you looking for Apple products specifically?

We need more info, woman!!!;)

NoIdea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
zelmo said:
Well, what are his interests (besides you), and what is your price range? Since you're posting here, are you looking for Apple products specifically?

We need more info, woman!!!;)
Not necessarily Apple products.
Someone might have good ideas from the past and we might as well share.
No specific price range if a good idea comes up. ;)

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
So he's got an iPod. Can we assume that it is the regular full-sized version, as you didn't append a shuffle, mini, or nano to the end?
Does he use it a lot, or does he sometimes not take it for running or working out? In other words, does he need a shuffle or nano, too?
Good earphones? Shure makes some great products.
Speaker/dock set-up? JBL OnStage, Altec InMotion, Bose SoundDock are all nice accoutrements for an iPod.

Is he a gamer? A Sony PSP or Nintendo DS is a darn nice stocking stuffer.

Does it even have to be a tech-y gift?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Professionally done glamour shots of yourself?

Seriously. It's very personal, it's not something anyone else can get him, and it shows you did more than just do one-click shopping.

Just an idea....

fayans

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
MacRumors: Forums
How about doing something different this year; like sharing your gifts with the needy? Do it with him. You'd be surprised how wonderful that feeling is going to be. The kind of happiness money couldn't buy. ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
A pre-arranged, prepaid, everything's-set-up romantic weekend?

If he's comfortable with his inner geek, a robot (like from Parallax or even Radio Shack).

Or a helium filled remote-control blimp.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Abstract said:
(just for clarity: you wear it) :p
Dude, you are so conformist and straight-laced. The thongs hurt, yes, but a lot of it isn't so bad, and it makes me feel pretty. ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Abstract said:
PS: Your ass looks fat.
It's the welts from the whip marks... but we digress.

OT: How about something from everywhere "important" you've been with him... a napkin from the restaurants, ticket stubs from movies, something small from his place... a selection of items that are unique to and reminders of your relationship that he can always have with him?

NoIdea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
lilstewart92 said:
How about a nice favor in bed?

:D :p
That might be the best idea. At least it would save me a lot of money. ;) :D

If men really only want food and sex I don't think I can come up with a better idea myself.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Need a new wallet? A nice Fossil wallet would fit the bill, but that just might be me because I need a new wallet...

Seriously, if there's anything worn out, broken, etc., might as well get that as a gift. Of course, if he gets it before Christmas, that might not work out...

I'd also say a nice pair of headphones for his iPod.