Please iPhone go to another carrier.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Dec 2, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I hope iPhone goes to another carriers for these reasons.

1. AT&T will be more competitive on pricing. While, Verizon and AT&T are pretty simliar in pricing, AT&T data plan is not. I don't need unlimited Data, but I don't understand why AT&T charges 25 dollars for 2GB data. Also, why does it cost 20 dollars more to just tether without any additional data? Why does AT&T care the way I use the data as long as I keep my 2GB limit?

2. I get decent coverage with AT&T and I get nice discount, so I just hope people go to Verizon and get off the network.

3. If iPhone goes to Verizon, I can already see Verizon will release an app that will make iPhone as wireless hotspot. This is the feature I want without jail breaking.

So, in January or Summer w/e. Please go to Verizon, apple. Although, I still doubt that apple will be interested in making CDMA iphone and LTE is still in very early stage.

2. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

3. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

I bet AT&T will be even more aggressive with iPhone 5 upgrade eligibility date than they did with iPhone 4.

I also hope AT&T kind of make some changes on their pricing. While, I don't need unlimited data, I would like 2GB data limit to bump up to 5GB.

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

The only way AT&T is going to give us more bang for the buck is when they lose exclusivity.

You have to think in the mind of a soulless AT&T shareholder. They don't just want profit. They want growth. So, AT&T has to produce like a street whore on a dark alley corner. Even if it means that the CEO has to hang his workers' grandmothers to drain her for all her savings, then suck out all her blood, and harvest the organs to the black market. And that's before they cut benefits, reduce staff, perform shady accounting, provide useless PR and marketing, then finally take a soft scratch against the multileveled shield of an executive's paycheck.

I for one hope they do away with mandatory data plans on smartphone, or change up the data tiers: $5 for $150MB, $15 for 500GB, and $25 for 2GB. Kill any tethering costs, it shouldn't be up to them to flip a goddamn switch on my device.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's all but confirmed for VZW it seems, so it's only a matter of time.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

LOL!

Same here. My wife is using my old one as an iPod touch and is carrying around another phone because of this stipulation (she doesn't want to pay another $30 for data).

Amen.

7. GirlFriday macrumors newbie

I hope that Verizon gets the Iphone too so that people on AT&T's network can move there. I was in NY the day after Thanksgiving shopping and EVERYONE there had an Iphone... I had 4 bars but couldn't connect a call cause the towers were overwhelemed... It was crazy!!!