please look at your screen!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pbrdrnk, Aug 12, 2008.

1. pbrdrnk macrumors newbie

hi. I'm on my 3rd. 16 white and do t want to go back to apple.

Is it normal that the botom half of screen seems darker and more yellowish/browner tinted?

Please look at your screens and let me know. I notice it more when I'm online and typing with phone sideways. You can see the keyboard letters darker on one side.

Thanks. Don't want to exchange again if it's normal!!

2. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

3. Nickb macrumors regular

Hi Mate

i have the same problem as you! - how noticable is yours? mines not that much really, but you can defo see it, like the bottom half is slightly darker than the top

what have you done then to fix it, have you taken it back?

let me know, im going to try restore it first, then take it back at the weekend if that doesnt fix it

cheers

4. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I've never noticed that on mine. Sorry man, take it back!

5. stukdog macrumors 6502

I've had two different 16GB iPhones and neither of them had the issue. We also have 2 16GB black ones with even screens.

I'd say, take a good backup and bring it back. Especially if it bothers you so.

6. pbrdrnk thread starter macrumors newbie

hi. I have not taken it back yet. I compared it to my friends and also a few of the 8gb at the AT&T store.

My conclusion, they ALL looked different. Some screens where brighter than others. Mine however was the most dim. Some had the same issue as mine. So i'm not sure if I'm taking it back. It is the least of the problems compared to the other white ones. I'm scared I could get a worse one again.

If your phone is wihin the 14 day you should be able to swap it with no problems with Apple. I have twice now.

We were actually just thinking about "maybe returning" our whites for 8gb. Don't think we will ever use all the memory and save some money.

7. lewy macrumors regular

Sorry for digging, but I have the same problem with my iPhone 4 (Sept 2011). Has anybody something like that?

8. lewy macrumors regular

9. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

My guess is yes, as this is likely adhesive on the underside of the glass and will likely 'dry' after a few weeks.

10. lewy macrumors regular