Please, please Help ME!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by brauch15, Dec 13, 2007.

1. stupendusboi macrumors member

Hello, I am pretty sure that you can restore your ipod without using itunes. Have you tried the hard reset?

If u havent, try holding the Sleep/wake button + the Home button until the ipod shuts down, KEEP HOLDING, the moment you see anything on the screen RELEASE the sleep/wake button.

This will restore your ipod.. If that restore doesnt work, i dont think i told you the right instructions LOL...can someone tell me if this is how you do the restore?

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

yeah, old the "Sleep/Wake" button and the "Home" button until it shuts off, continue holding untill the :apple: shows up and release the "Sleep/Wake" button but continue to hold the "Home" button... then the "connect to iTunes" screen pops up this puts the iPod in restore mode...then you plug into itunes and restore..hope that works!! good luck!

3. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I'm sorry to say this, but does anyone read the forums before they go out and do this stuff? People need to stop using the incredibly easy jailbreaks--all they do is click buttons and don't know how to do anything to make it run properly/

4. Anderzander macrumors member

I read and re-read loads of posts about jailbreaking the ipod before I did, including what the pitfalls were - and I've done two with no problems.

Seems from your post title and from the fact you phoned apple and told them you hacked your ipod that you're panicking. Relax, don't be impatient and take one step at a time. There are a lot of very clever people on these forums.

The SAS here in the UK have the 6 P's - Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

That's my advice.

5. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I may be splitting hairs, but isn't that 5 words?

In all seriousness, next time you "hack" something that cost you 300 clams, I think doing some actual research would prove to be extremely beneficial. Also, I would come here BEFORE phoning Apple and telling them you tried hacking their product. There are plenty of people here who can help.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I dont get this one person goes into a jailbreak without properly reading up and claims it will break all touch's :rolleyes: maybe if you had asked advice before attempting to jailbreak you would be sitting in a better situation

follow the below and you will be back with a working iPod Touch jailbroken to 1.1.2

download the 1.1.1 official firmware, save it to a place you will remember. (if you have safari please turn off the auto open when downloaded option)

if your touch isn't already in recovery mode as already instructed plug touch into pc/mac load itunes up and then hold down the lock/wake button and home key keep them held down eventually your touch will shut off, keep the buttons held down and when you see the apple logo let go of the lock/wake key ONLY leaving the home key pressed down and eventually you should get the itunes logo with pic of the usb wire.

iTunes should now say its detected an ipod in recovery mode click ok, now depending what system your using for windows hold the shift key down or for mac options key then press restore and point iTunes to the ipsw file and click open, iTunes should start restoring your touch to 1.1.1. When its done point the touch's safari to jailbreame.com, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on install AppSnapp and soon after safari will "crash" if you wait yout touch will start to auto jailbreak, if memory serves me once the install has complete reboot your touch and your jailbroken.

to upgrade to 1.1.2 first step, go to installer then scroll down to 1.1.1 tweaks and install oktoprep. Once installed plug ipod in to pc/mac and update to official 1.1.2. When updated grab the 1.1.2 jailbreak program and extract to a folder. If you are running windows then run windows.bat if mac then the osx file, tick install ssh and click the jailbreak button. When this has finised doing its thing power off your touch then turn it back on, your touch will reboot when loaded up (this is normal) when its rebooted you will then have a jailbroken 1.1.2

7. brauch15 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. caubeck macrumors 6502

9. brauch15 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. brauch15 thread starter macrumors newbie

11. brauch15 thread starter macrumors newbie

12. sammy33 macrumors newbie

:(

i just bought a new ipod touch and i froze on me an hour later.:mad: so i follow peoples instructions and it turned off. i waited a few minuts and then turned it back on. IT WAS STILL ON THE SAME DARN WHITE SCREEN!!!! so i did it again and now it wont turn back on and iv tried every thing. dose anyone think that what i did broke it? im so scared that i cant get a new one and it may be broken forever.:(:mad::confused::eek: