Please! please! please help me! (stuck in recovery mode)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SOuthafrican, Apr 26, 2011.

1. SOuthafrican macrumors newbie

I have a iphone 3gs..i did jail break it... i was running 3.2.1 i think.. im not sure
    i did have the new baseband!
    but now for some reason its stuck in recovery mode.. iv tryed everything to get it out an it wont work! iv tryed restore from itunes it gives me error 1015... i dont know what to do! can someone please PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! :(

2. ECUpirate44, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011

ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Its not a jailbreaking issue, its because of the unlock. There are tons of threads about that error OP. Try mroogle.

3. Legion93, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011

Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Try reseting the phone, press and hold the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time. This resets the phone, did you back your content prior to doing this?

4. SOuthafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, it didnt work! still stuck on the usb cable saying connect to itunes... and i didnt back up.. cuz it randomly happened.. i was running 4.2.1..... and i lost the custom restore i used last time when i upgraded to 4.2.1

5. mrbunglez macrumors regular

mrbunglez

Force it out of recovery using tinyumbrella, and if you have wifi sync installed on your computer uninstall it that program conflicts with itunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Why would anyone use wifi sync when they're trying to recover their phone? :confused: Personally, I don't get the hype about wireless syncing, but whatever.

7. mrbunglez macrumors regular

mrbunglez

Never said to recover the phone, but people have that program installed for ease of access without wires. All i know is if you have that program installed on your computer it hangs the installation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

My mistake. I thought people were using it while recovering their phone. I didn't realize it interferes even when not being used.
    Sounds like a crappy program to me, if it interferes when not being used.