please please please help me [unresponsive iphone screen]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigrw, Jun 6, 2010.

1. bigrw macrumors newbie

please somebody explain very simply how i fix my problem

i have an original iphone which i have jailbroken and unlocked. it has just started having a strip at the bottom (corresponding to the last row of apps in the dock) which are almost unresponsive to the touch. the left most sometimes reponds to touch but like 1/10 time. this means i can't use any of the phone functions to select dial, voicemail etc.

i have spent all night reading the internet and they all go on about changing plists. i don't even know how to find a plist or what one is.

i need a really really simple guide about how to increase the sensitivty of the screen that requires absolutely no former knowledge..

please, i'm at the point of crying here because i've started using this phone for work and it's monday tomorrow and i'll be on the road unable to call if i can't fix this...

thank youuuuuuuuu

2. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

Thread creation rules state that you're to create a title that fits the scenario.

And it really helps us, as well, as people with expertise in the area of your problem can find the question more easily, as can people searching for a problem similar to your own.

Have you tried restoring the device at all? "Bottom strip" loss of touch functionality is common, but let's see what happens when you restore to a stock OS.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You have a hardware issue. No software is going to fix it.

4. bigrw thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm confused but loads of people all over the web say that they managed to fix this by increasing the sensitivity...

if there's any chance at all it might work please explain how i do it.

lots of people say to install openssh via cydia but the point is i can't touch the bottom buttons of cydia to install different apps or search... is there a way aroudn that?

5. C8XY macrumors 6502

Try:

sbsettings > more > extras > "enable more sensitive swipe"

See if this makes any difference unlocking the phone for example, if not I would suggest it's a hardware failure. Also it wouldn't hurt putting a stock OS back on then trying

6. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If that even works (modifying the plists), they were able to do it because they’ve added the tools to do it, which you haven’t (i.e., no Open SSH, Mobile Terminal, etc.). So, you’re stuck trying a restore to fix it or it’s a hardware issue that can’t be fixed.

8. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

9. C8XY macrumors 6502

Remember when you used to be able to use the iPhone upside down (home button at top) wonder why they stopped that?

10. bigrw thread starter macrumors newbie

is there not any way of adding those tools without being able to touch the bottom icons of cydia?

surely there must be a way aroudn this?

and sorry for being stupid but when people say restore do you literally mean click restore in itunes? won't this un jailbreak it?

atfer that can i just rejailbreak it?

i really don't know much about this and everything on the internet assumes you know quite a lot..... please help!

11. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Why do I not see people yelling at you for being "police" on this thread? I got ambushed on one of my posts to the a thread after telling someone that a simple search would have answered his or her question.

12. bigrw thread starter macrumors newbie

look i'm sorry i didn't obey the rules.

i promise i will tell anyone i ever meet who has this problem how to fix it if someone can help me here...

13. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

My post was not about you! :)

I posted on someone else's regarding the release date of the iPhone when people starting cursing at me and telling me to calm down.

14. oren1 macrumors member

Yes you will be able to rejailbreak it after restoring (click restore in iTunes).
    You can update the iphone to 3.1.3, as you can still unlock it easily (Assuming you really have the original iPhone).

However, it seems you have a hardware issue, so restoring won't fix it...
    But try anyway.

15. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

OP: for an original iphone you can restore through itunes and JB+unlock using redsn0w.
    Jailbreaking and troubleshooting iphone problems is a process you need to know a little about if you want it to be successful.
    Stating you don't know enough seems a little silly as its easy to learn with all the resources on the net and especially this site.