Please post here if your 15" MBP does not have the verticle striping issue.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snf122, Jun 17, 2008.

1. snf122 macrumors newbie

I am about to get my first MBP and I was wondering how many people do not have this issue.

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

I read about it on the MR front page today, but I'm glad to say it's never happened to me. :)

3. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

Dont have any issues here with anything. I got my MBP on February 26, 2008. I am going to buy the apple care when my 1 year warrenty is going to run out.

4. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

Had my MBP since October of '07. Had a minor issues with the screen, but after taking it into an Apple Auth. repair shop, it was fixed up within about 2 hours.

The issue was that on the far left of the screen, I would get alternating red/green/yellow/blue stripes. Not the issue that i believe you're reporting, but still, an issue.

This would only occur when I was gripping the lid of my MBP to close it. It seems that I always closed using my left hand, and this eventually led to something coming loose in there. They replaced the entire display unit and it was looking perfect the next time I booted up.

All told, nothing major. And, as the biggest test of my satisfaction with it, I can honestly say that I will never buy another style of notebook after using this.

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

it's never happened to me, I've had a bunch of other issues though... :(

6. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

I've got a mid-2007 MBP 2.2 15.4" with the led backlit display, and absolutely no problems so far. I'm always careful with it, though and close the lid from the middle, and gently. I'd just buy one anyway (take a look at refurb units- any bugs they might have had were fixed, full warranty) and if you develop problems just have them take care of it. Basically, the MBP is a great product, so don't hesitate because of this.

7. rev316 macrumors regular

I haven't experienced that issue, but I am experiencing other graphical glitches.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if I got it though.

8. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

I got my October 2007 and have had no issues with the screen.

9. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

I also have a late-2007 15" Mac Book Pro, and have never had any display issues at all?

Not seen the reported 'yellowing' of the screen either; although that was described as widespread.

My MBP (Six Months Old, now) has no had a single problem up to now (touch wood!) I went for AppleCare though, just in case, but that was mainly due to the high cost of the MBP in the first place.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well my Macbook Pro from Ferbruary didn't have vertical striping, but it was CCFL so that's suppose to be.

My replacement from 2 weeks ago is LED and does not have this issue either. It only has very very little backlight bleed, and nothing else than that.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've had this MBP just over a month. Zero issues of any kind. Everything works perfectly! Actually, it's almost creepy how well it works! :eek: (Too many years with Windows!)

12. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

My 3 day old MBP has a perfect screen, apart from a little bleed near the bottom, but its only noticable on higher brightness (I think thats normal though)

13. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

How can you say is has a perfect screen when there is bleed near the bottom?

14. Queso macrumors G4

No striping here. The only issue mine suffers from is that high pitched sound for a couple of seconds just after you turn music off.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It feels perfect. ;)

16. Chairman Plow macrumors regular

Chairman Plow

17. gmanterry macrumors regular

gmanterry

I've had my MBP since Aug of 2007.

I use my MBP for 12+ hours every day and other than some slight Leopard annoyances no problems. I love this laptop.

18. Keleko macrumors 68000

I got a Penryn 15" the first day they were available. I've had no screen problems.

19. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Because every PC LCD I have ever seen has it, its just something that happens with LCDs. Besides, it doesnt affect colour, so the panel is fine, its the backlight which isn't perfect.

Anyway, I'm happy with how it looks, and thats all that matters

20. cjduckk macrumors newbie

cjduckk

I have not had this issue on my early 2008 15" glossy. (Yet.) =)

regards,
    -c.

21. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

My Rev. 2 Macbook pro doesn't do this.

I havn't opened my Rev. 3 MBP, yet.

(knock on wood)

22. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

I have a 15.4" 2.4GHz unit, less then two weeks old, and no striping issues.

23. lazydesi macrumors 6502

my OLD MBP is having the issue and returned it back to apple on DOA

24. snf122 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, so should this be a concern for me to hold off purchasing one??

I do plan to get the applecare

25. jsstrannigan macrumors newbie

I got my MBP about a week ago and I haven't noticed any screen issues. So far it's absolutely wonderful :)