Please post Verizon and AT&T LTE speeds for Houston, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinkoos, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkoos macrumors regular

Hi, can people please post Verizon and AT&T LTE speeds for Houston, TX?

I've got a 4S on AT&T right now but am considering switching to Verizon if the LTE speeds are up to snuff in the general Houston area.

When replying, if you can also post what part of town you're in that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. drill423 macrumors member

7-10 down, 3-5 up in the southwest loop.

30-45 down, 10-15 up in the medical center on Verizon. Curious about AT&T as I haven't ported my number over yet.

3. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

So you were on AT&T but now started a new contract with Verizon, testing it out, etc? If its okay then you will port your AT&T number over? Is that correct?

4. zerind macrumors member

AT&T here using the Comcast server on the Speedtest app.

Out here at Barker-Cypress and 529 I get absolutely horrendous LTE service. It says 3 bars but it might as well be zero.

10 miles away at 1960 and 290 I managed 40.5Mbps down and 16.5Mbps up with a 50ish second ping time over 8 tests.

Near Greenway Plaza I was getting about 14Mbps down and 14Mbps up.

5. AnionicStrength macrumors member

[​IMG]

Near Reliant Stadium. I'm quite pleased with how much better LTE penetrates buildings compared with HSPA+.

6. cdebnil macrumors regular

Not AT&T or Verizon, but Sprint LTE...downtown, Chase Tower...high floor (60+)....4.24 down, 2.62 up....haven't tried ground level yet....good enough in my book to stream netflix, etc...Switched from ATT due to monthly throttling of my unlimited plan.

7. drill423 macrumors member

Yes.

8. cdebnil macrumors regular

Don't know if its a fair comparison, but noticed my Verizon Ipad LTE speed noticeably slower yesterday versus the past few months. Probably due to the flood of Iphone 5 activations, but at Washington Ave, down to 3 mb down, 3 mb up yesterday..

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.