Please post Verizon and AT&T LTE speeds for Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkoos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Texas
Hi, can people please post Verizon and AT&T LTE speeds for Houston, TX?

I've got a 4S on AT&T right now but am considering switching to Verizon if the LTE speeds are up to snuff in the general Houston area.

When replying, if you can also post what part of town you're in that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

drill423

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2009
Houston
7-10 down, 3-5 up in the southwest loop.

30-45 down, 10-15 up in the medical center on Verizon. Curious about AT&T as I haven't ported my number over yet.

pinkoos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Texas
7-10 down, 3-5 up in the southwest loop.

30-45 down, 10-15 up in the medical center on Verizon. Curious about AT&T as I haven't ported my number over yet.
So you were on AT&T but now started a new contract with Verizon, testing it out, etc? If its okay then you will port your AT&T number over? Is that correct?

zerind

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
AT&T here using the Comcast server on the Speedtest app.

Out here at Barker-Cypress and 529 I get absolutely horrendous LTE service. It says 3 bars but it might as well be zero.

10 miles away at 1960 and 290 I managed 40.5Mbps down and 16.5Mbps up with a 50ish second ping time over 8 tests.

Near Greenway Plaza I was getting about 14Mbps down and 14Mbps up.

cdebnil

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Hi, can people please post Verizon and AT&T LTE speeds for Houston, TX?

I've got a 4S on AT&T right now but am considering switching to Verizon if the LTE speeds are up to snuff in the general Houston area.

When replying, if you can also post what part of town you're in that would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Not AT&T or Verizon, but Sprint LTE...downtown, Chase Tower...high floor (60+)....4.24 down, 2.62 up....haven't tried ground level yet....good enough in my book to stream netflix, etc...Switched from ATT due to monthly throttling of my unlimited plan.

cdebnil

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Don't know if its a fair comparison, but noticed my Verizon Ipad LTE speed noticeably slower yesterday versus the past few months. Probably due to the flood of Iphone 5 activations, but at Washington Ave, down to 3 mb down, 3 mb up yesterday..

Status
Not open for further replies.