Please, problems with WiFi Access

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cqvelez, Jan 2, 2008.

1. cqvelez macrumors newbie

i know this my sound stupid, but please help. I have tried the jailbreak and now the phone says activate phone. I have followed several steps but I cannot get the WIFI. So please tell me how to get or how to find WIFI name and password

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You're going to need to explain yourself a lot better than that if you want help :rolleyes:

3. cqvelez thread starter macrumors newbie

i am at the part of jailbreakme.com when i need to connect to wifi, but i cannot. I have downgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 so now the phone is running but i cannot connect to wifi

4. bigclop2 macrumors newbie

did you put prefs: into your contact list as a url?

5. cqvelez thread starter macrumors newbie

6. bigclop2 macrumors newbie

do you have a wireless network around you that you have access to?

7. cqvelez thread starter macrumors newbie

no..can i go to like a starbucks or something...if so what do i do when i get to a wifi spot

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

^ Are you kidding me?? You're at the point where you need to connect to WiFi, but cannot...and oh, you have no WiFi??

Words. Fail. Me.

9. cqvelez thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry..i am not good at this i m trying to set this for my son. i came here for help. if u can help then thanks

10. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Yes, go to somewhere that has free wifi and follow the directions from the point where you are. It would be best if you can bring a laptop with you to complete the process all in one go.

If all else fails, just boot the phone into recovery mode and restore it, then try again - or sign up for a contract with AT&T.