Please rate the new macbook pro's in general

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hassoon, Apr 17, 2010.

?

please rate the new Macbook Pro's in genera !

1. Outstanding

26 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Better then before

52 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Average (same as before)

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Worst then before

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hassoon macrumors regular

i just want you guys to rate the new macbook pro's and in general, and please be truthful, like not if you had payed 2K+ for it then u rate it as a good one although you're having some problems.

2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I think they are great, not the best but this is expected form Macs. The desktop line up however is ruining the Mac for me :(

3. joina macrumors member

they are very nice but not outstanding at that price

4. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

What criteria? Apart from the HDD bus speed every aspect is either the same or upgraded isn't it? How could they be the same or worse?

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It's great that Apple *finally* updated the chips on some of their MBP's like their competitors did months ago. If my current 4 year old MBP died I'd go out and get the newly released one, but otherwise why bother.

6. bluefox9er macrumors regular

decent enough computers,but the fan boy tax makes them 20 -30% over priced (apple are very aware they can pretty much charge whatever they feel like for their products knowing the vast majority of their existing customers are unlikley to buy a competitor product)

7. Yixian macrumors 65816

Price hike and pathetic GPU = slightly worst than the last revision. Everything else about them is great but these things kill it for me.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I just old because I remember paying $4,000 for PowerBooks in the days of yore -- well 1995. And that was for a puny 100Mhz PPC and a crappy passive matrix screen. Mhz! Now add in inflation and that same laptop would cost $5500 today.

So paying $1700 for a 2.4Ghz i5 seems like a bargain to me. My last MBP, a 2.4Ghz C2D cost me $1900. My new i5 cost me $1750 and it is going to smoke the old C2D machine.

So yeah, this is a fantastic update worth the money.

If you are referring to the $100 increase on the low end it's due to the fact it now has discrete graphics. The old model only had integrated. And the i5 prevents Apple from using Nvidia Integrated chips. Would you really prefer paying $100 less and having only Intel integrated graphics?

9. Yixian macrumors 65816

Referring to the EU price hike.

10. Echnin macrumors newbie

Yeah, the € prices are quite ridiculous; now they're almost as high as the prices I have to pay in Scandinavia! I'm looking at over US$3100 for the i7 with hi-res screen and 128 GB SSD, and that's with a 10% student discount. I could save money by flying to New York to buy one, but I don't have time, and planes are grounded anyway. Just going to have to suck it up. It's not like other manufacturers are much nicer to the European market.

11. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Worse.

1) The GT 330M at this time is a relatively worse GPU than the 9600M GT was during Oct 2008.

2) Core 2 Duo is just pathetic.

12. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

13. jtmx29 macrumors regular

jtmx29

This new 13' is my first MBP and I must say that I love it. The Core 2 Duo is plenty for what I need and the 320M is great from my perspective. I didn't buy a MBP to game. The MBP is fast and the 4 gigs of ram allows me to run VM's with no problem. I'm very satisfied! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sturdy, solid, laptop. Oh and you can't beat OSX.

14. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

Outstanding (in my eyes) would have been:

- 16" screens introduced (offering a wider range of prices)
    - LED's with IPS
    - Touch Screen option
    - 6gb DDR3 by default in mid 15" pro's
    - ATI Radeon HD 5780's with 1gb GDDR5 (discrete)
    - or-
    - NVidia GT 360M 1gb GDDR5 (discrete)
    - USB 3.0
    - Light Peak

15. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

They new models are nice but for my work expectations, the 2.8 17" model is plenty big enough for me. Perhaps in 5 years things will change and I will need greater computing power.

16. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

You need to rate these things by breaking the ratings into categories like:

User Experience: 9/10
    Value: 4/10
    Performance: 6/10
    Features: 6/10
    Styling: 9/10

Just an example, but it tells a much better story than weird options like "Worst then before"

17. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I am quite happy with my new 17" MacBook Pro w/ 2.53 GHz i5 processor. This machine is quite fast and I love the high-resolution glossy screen.

18. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

No USB 3.0, eSATA, or Blu-ray. The graphics cards are bad, and the fact that Apple is offering a C2D in ANY computer anymore is just... remarkable, and shows that Apple is resting on their marketing department, and not on their specs at all (except for the battery).

These computers are great word processors and iTunes players for college students, but not much else.

19. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Definitely better the last gens, although i would love it if they kept the HD door cover with the latch. No biggie :)

20. snouter macrumors 6502a

I rated them average, but they are fine computers.

I think though, that Apple should put some punch in the Pro moniker though...

Cons:
    7200rpm should be standard, the price difference in not really a factor anymore

I think eSATA should be included

It's unacceptable that there is not a fn numpad - makes after effects a hassle to use, or I have to buy and external keyboard, of course :rolleyes:

It would have been a good update to see IPS screens. I assume these screens are still 6-bit as well?

Throw a freaking mini-display port to DVI adapter in there. I had to go to monoprice.com and whip up a few adapters.

USB 3 would have been forward thinking.

Pros:
    Fit and finish is class leading

They freaking FINALLY added a 1680x1050 option to the 15", which probably should be the standard with an option to go to the lower res for those with vision problems.

====

There are definitely a few things they could do to make the Pro more Pro and the Apple tax less of an argument.

You pay a lot for the case, the fit and finish and for the OS.