please rate this :-)

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by flowagner, Aug 16, 2007.

1. flowagner macrumors member

flowagner

i was playing around a bit in layouting/photoshop trying to make a solid business layout for a project of mine...

... so could you rate a litte splash page (just the design, i will opt the code to valid html/css once i've got time)

url: http://web.mac.com/flowagner/prwa.html

the bottom text says " ... because successfull PR is not just media management".

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

I like it :)

(more details after my lunch break)

3. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I like it a lot, but maybe widen it to about 800 pixels? Oh and I can speak german...:)

4. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I also think it looks good. You could widen it, but I like it the way it is too.

5. werther macrumors regular

Though it is clean it suffers from 'mystery meat navigation'. By not displaying the links outright you are adding another step for the user to take, ....actually quite a few since they have no idea which block will take them where.

Other than that I like it. But I would not put it live with the navigation like that.

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

try maybe having the txt be a side label for each square?

Like have it go along the left edges?

7. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Yeah, this is very true.

Maybe make the black box on each picture permanent, but crank the opacity, so that it is readable, but doesn't protrude on the image. Then, when the user mouses over, it gets darker.

8. jng macrumors 65816

jng

It's okay. I'm not advocating web 2.0 and vector graphics, but your use of those stock photos seem very dated to me as well.

9. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Looks nice, but it needs "real" text, nut just pictures of text. This becomes very inconvenient for blind visitors and will also hurt your search engine rating since it won't pick up anything text.

The images could also use a tiny bit of something to make them cry out to users that they are clickable. I also kind of agree with others about not forcing the navigation to be explored. Overall it's nice professional look.