Resolved please - recommend a photo app.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ashwood11, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Ashwood11, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

With 2985 photo apps to choose from at the app store I decided to ask for a recommendation. I desire an app that will allow photos to be named and sorted. I don't need to modify the photos but would be nice to be able to flip or rotate.

2. Onemorerun macrumors member

AppAdvicew

Hey,this doesn't answer your question but may help.

I just download AppAdvice as it is free for a limited time. Still free. I was skeptical at first but it has some good reviews and lets you stay on top of what is current. You can also view by categories like photography.

Just throwing it out there.

3. Ashwood11, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

Ashwood11 thread starter macrumors 65816

I downloaded AppAdvise on your recommendation and will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Checked out AppAdvise but it wasn't much help.

Still looking for recommendations. Ability to assign a name is a must.

4. matt90036 macrumors regular

I use flickstackr because it lets you back up your picture to Flickr, it has quite a bit of options for organizing your photo library into sets and collections, etc.
    You can either download all the pictures from Flickr or keep them on their server. On the downside there is no passcode but I wouldn't keep private photos on Flickr either.

5. Ashwood11 thread starter macrumors 65816

I still have not found an app that will allow you to name a photo. I have downloaded photos from the internet of landscaping shrubs but I need to name them with the commen or botanical name. Can anyone recommend an app that will allow attaching a name to a photo.

6. Ashwood11, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

Ashwood11 thread starter macrumors 65816

I found the following app that appears to fill the need…

Photo-Sort for iPad $1.99

Sort
    Name
    Flip
    Rotate

I purchased this app. Easy to use and does the job well. Very happy! I recommend it.