Please recommend an iPad 2 Case for Somebody with Kids!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by 9OOYO, Mar 25, 2011.

1. 9OOYO macrumors regular

My son will periodically be playing with my iPad 2 and I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a case that offers great protection.

I normally sit with him while playing but want to be extra careful.

2. Mac21ND macrumors 6502a

Mac21ND

I was thinking the same thing, but I ultimately decided it just wasn't worth getting a huge, ugly case that I didn't really like. Like you, I plan to sit with my kid if they want to use it; but otherwise it's a "grown up" toy.

I do worry they might just take it off the counter, but I don't think any case is really going to help too much if they drop it. I'm just going to be extra careful.

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

4. loves2travel macrumors member

otterbox

This is the case we are getting for our son.
    http://www.otterbox.com/ipad-2-defender-series/ipad-2-defender-series,default,pg.html

My wife and I currently have the defender series for our IPhone4's and love how it protects.

5. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

6. DJsteveSD macrumors regular

DJsteveSD

7. TimTheEnchanter, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Another vote for otterbox here - I've got my iPad 1 in an otterbox defender because I use it a lot when doing the training for the kid's soccer team I coach: They do add a fair bit of bulk and weight but it's worth it to me so I'm not worried about getting it damaged
    I just wish it was easier to get it in and out though: as it is, I leave it in all the time because it's a real pain to take it out!

9. 9OOYO thread starter macrumors regular

Otterbox

I am planning on an Otterbox for sure (as I've heard they're great). I'm just worried about the interim until they have one for the ipad 2.

10. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I'm using the Cygnett Windsor leather case until something else better comes along. I'll be paired with an Invisible shield screen cover as well.

While their watching a movie, the case's stand feature is pretty sturdy. When reading a children's book, I'll be holding it for them. My daughters are 2 and 7 so I think it'll be good enough for now.

The Otterbox is awesome on my iPhone4 but from the looks of the pictures for the iPad 2, it looks way too bulky.

11. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

12. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

The griffin lightboard case would also be a pretty good kid friendly case, again, no ipad 2 version yet.

13. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

A vault. :D