Please recommend me a 20-24 display

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yuhaii, Jan 15, 2009.

1. yuhaii macrumors member

I just bought a ASUS 22 vw224U from newegg, it is cheap but the quality sucks! my macbook air is Rev A (not sure, I bought on April 2008). Anybody has some advice for a 20-24 display? I know Apple display is good but it is too expensive for me.
    Thanks and all the best.

2. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

Most 22" LCDs are the non H-IPS, non S-IPS variety which means they are cheap and the visual quality sucks. Cinema Displays use S-IPS which are good for colour reproduction and viewing angles but they are slower — >5ms.

You can do a search for S-IPS and the newer H-IPS displays but they will cost a lot more than the cheapies.

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

3. yuhaii thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, learn a lot!

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

If you want a VERY high resolution display and a great value for the money, go for the Dell SP2309W.

5. ExcelonGT macrumors regular

Ditto on the SP2309w. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and I'm in heaven! 2048 x 1152 max resolution, 80,000:1 dynamic contrast (ive never seen truer blacks), built in webcam. This thing is feature packed! :)
    Who needs to spend more than double on the 24" cinema display?! The SP2309W can be had for around $370. watch for deals.