Please Recommend Me a Good Trackpad Protector

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MBAForever, Feb 4, 2012.

1. MBAForever macrumors newbie

What are some of the trackpad protector you would recommend. I got a free one for my MBA purchase but it is rather thick and not responsive to tapping.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Did this free one that came with your MacBook Air actually come on the MacBook Air's trackpad? If so, I think it might be protective film :eek:

3. Xikum macrumors 6502

4. Stingray454 macrumors 6502a

This. I got the 2010 Air as soon as it was released, so I'm closing in on 1.5 years of daily use, often for several hours. The trackpad looks and feels like new, I can't really imagine how you would go about scratching it. Also the smoothness and responsiveness of the original trackpad is just way, way better than any plastic cover on top of it. Just go without and enjoy your computer as it's supposed to be.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah. That cover is not a cover OP, its a protective seal for shipping. Its not designed to be on there when you use your trackpad. It'll feel worlds better with it off :)

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I use the Moshi Palmguard. It comes with a plastic wrist area protector and a matching trackpad film. The colors all match very well with the rest of the machine and I do not have issues with response on the trackpad. In fact the trackpad now has a nice textured feel, yet remains relatively smooth for finger movement.

7. fade- macrumors member

I'm using one from 'power support' It's not bad, at least tap to click still works and the gestures can be detected with reasonable sensitivity.

avoid those that come with palmrest protectors (for example moshi), they tend to be very thick and reduce the sensitivity of your trackpad.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I believe it's best if you look at the Moshi and measure it before making that statement; the Moshi film is as thin, if not thinner than the PowerSupport film.

9. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

I don't understand, what exactly are you trying to protect? From what?

10. lc25 macrumors 6502

if you are really bothered a Wrapsol ? but i can't see the point....

11. dborja macrumors 6502a

I have Wrapsol for my MBA body and palmrest and Moshi as my keyboard guard. Nothing on the trackpad as I found that it interferes with trackpad actions on my previous MBA. The trackpad is easily cleaned with a damp cloth...

12. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
  13. philxor macrumors regular

I actually like the texture of the Wrapsol one, which comes with the other Wrapsol guards, it didn't interfere with the function of the trackpad at all.

14. dtjay7 macrumors regular

I am one of those people who immediately put on a Wrapsol or Phantom Skinz protector. But, I have decided to not use a trackpad protector for the Unibodies. The trade-off in loss of sensitivity is not worth it. The trackpad on the older plastic Macbooks would get shiny and worn but the aluminum UniBody trackpad don't wear that way.

15. Ptdr macrumors member

nice one!

16. n8236 macrumors 65816

You really don't want one because any form of cover will interfere with it. I had the Moshi trackpad protection skin and while it's great, it lessens the sensitivty of the trackpad.

17. fade- macrumors member

why don't you try if you can tap to click with the film that comes with the palmguard. because i've tried, and I can't.