Please Remember - It's only suppose to be available for SHIPPING today..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by David58117, Apr 10, 2015.

1. David58117 macrumors 65816

I feel like the only one on here who watched the keynote and saw "Shipping on the 10th."

Now this has turned into a conspiracy and Apple hate because some people misunderstood it to be a street date?

2. keviig macrumors 6502

Problem is that it's not shipping before mid May for European customers. They could've mentioned that somewhere.

3. deffcap macrumors newbie

deffcap

And it isn't shipping today.

It is shipping in 3-4 weeks.

4. David58117 thread starter macrumors 65816

It appears to be 1-3 days for some people - so it actually is shipping soon/today.

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Mine just changed to preparing for shipment. So maybe it will ship today.... :eek:

6. deffcap macrumors newbie

deffcap

And I'm very pleased for those people. It may be shipping for the US, but we all got the same date, of shipping 10th April. It simply isn't doing that.

I mean the stores don't even have demo units.

Attached Files:

7. moxxey macrumors regular

Yes, mine too. I ordered within minutes of the Apple Store coming back online and it was 3-4 weeks from the get-go. So much for 'shipping 10 April'.

8. David58117 thread starter macrumors 65816

No - it is available for shipping April 10 - it's just not shipping today for either of you.

I know it's kind of crappy having that wording, but "available for shipping April 10" has been glaring at all of us since keynote.

9. keviig macrumors 6502

Let's hope it does! Let me know how it is when you get it! I'm guessing you're in the US?

10. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Yes I am in the US. Obv it won't ship today overseas as it's later over there perhaps. I feel like Apple only needed to simply do in store pick ups only to curb the lines....rather than promise unavailable product.

11. deffcap, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

deffcap macrumors newbie

deffcap

That's not what 'shipping' means. It isn't shipping today, it is available to order today.

12. paulopadopa macrumors regular

Most arnt shipping today though. They're shipping in 3 to 4 weeks.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Depending on your configuration, and location, your shipping date will be different. I think shipping today is the stock configuration and probably only a few select countries.

14. deffcap macrumors newbie

deffcap

Nope. That's the default options. It is still shipping in 3-4 weeks.

15. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

In other words it is NOT available for shipping April 10 (for anywhere outside the USA). :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but whichever way you look at this, Apple have misled us. Unacceptable. It is not what we have come to expect of Apple.

Many people are justifiably disappointed.

16. keviig macrumors 6502

The whole of Europe is seeing 3-4 weeks regardless of configuration. I think it should have been mentioned that it would be shipping April 10th in the US only. I for one needed to have it before going on a trip in a couple of weeks time, but that no will no longer happen. I will have to look elsewhere for a solution now...

17. bibyfok, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

Especially when my Apple Watch which is on Pre-order, will arrive earlier than my Macbook than should be shipped today.

18. paulopadopa macrumors regular

19. deffcap macrumors newbie

deffcap

Even the Apple staff at my local store were confused by the approach (even through their smiles). They said it was "unusual".

20. saback macrumors member

Same in Australia

21. Banquo's Ghost macrumors newbie

So what you're telling us is that we're 'reading it wrong'? :)

Semantics have their place, but retailers suffer if customers get disappointed. You can tell them they got the wrong end of the stick, of course, but that tends only to irritate them further.

I'm not a retail expert, just a consumer, but I would have thought hacking off your customers is not the best strategy long term.