Please set my mind at ease about Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hecklerdanny, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Hi everyone. I'm moving into a brand new condo in 3 months, and I've been thinking about buying an Airport Express to send my wireless internet through the house. I will not be hooking up a printer to it, and I will not be using it for AirTunes. I will only be plugging the ethernet cable from the cable modem into the Airport Express and using it for wireless internet.

I've been reading/seeing a lot of Airport Express troubleshooting forums on here and it's got me a little bit nervous. Can some of you chime in who use it and don't have any problems with it? Can you tell me anything about the range of it, the speed, do you like it? Etc...

It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. isianto macrumors regular

I don't have airport express, I have Airport Extreme fast ethernet. The reason for me to buy a more expensive Airport Extreme, because I want to utilize the usb hard disk and printer. But it seems you don't want to use the usb capabilities. Airport product is good, I have no complaint about the range and the quality, but personally if you don't want to use the itunes features and usb printing, you can buy a cheaper ap, and upgrade it to dd-wrt, and boost the signal. It's just my 2 cent

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Sure, it'll work fine. I've got three of them, but just one would have covered my entire 3,000 square-foot house just fine. I only wanted three to have AirTunes in three different rooms.

4. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

I have one that extends the reach of a Lynksys WRT54G and it works great.
    I have speakers connected to it, and that also works fine and are accessible from all around the house.