Please Sleep Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gryz, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Gryz macrumors member

I'm having a problem getting my brand new MBP to sleep with the Energy Saver settings in Lion like so many others I have read about.

Downloaded Please Sleep and it works like it should which makes me happy. But I do have a question about it and could not find the answer.

Does enabling it still allow the contents of the RAM to be written to the HD (hibernate) or does the program overide this function?

2. robot62155 macrumors member

What do you mean. What are the problems with the sleep?

3. simsaladimbamba

Do you want to sleep your Mac after a specified time of inactivity and still want it to write the RAM contents to the HDD?
    Maybe be more specific.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

4. Gryz thread starter macrumors member

I'm sorry, I thought the title describes exactly the question I asked...
    I am just asking whether or not the program "Please Sleep" allows the mac to still write the contents of the RAM to the disk...like it would if you were not running the program "Pleas Sleep."

But yes, I want my mac to sleep after a specific time set in Energy Saver. I have it set for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, it is still not sleeping. No apps are running, no print docs waiting to be written, and no sharing turned on. Have tried everything to get it to sleep and finally resorted to "Please Sleep."