Please, some help?Mac OSX screwing up and its annoying!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blad3z, May 30, 2007.

1. blad3z macrumors member

Hey Guys

Currently im using a PowerPC G5, the issue is that you know that little pop up that comes up saying 'are you sure you want to shut down your computer now' and gives you restart sleep cancel and shut down as an option. Well after i updated the machine...it started poping up continously. before i could just press cancel. now its really irrating in the sense that no matter how many times i press cancel it pops up again and again. so question is...

how do i get rid of it and stop it appearing?at first i thought it was the keyboard...so i switched. still happening... any help is much appreciated. if it comes down to it...i guess ill have to bring it back to the shop... *sighs* and to think that leopard aint for a while ah well..

anyway thanks again for any help. :):)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Eep. Where to start... Well, what peripherals do you have plugged in? What apps are you running when this happens? In Console in the Utilities folder, does it show you anything under any of the crash logs? If you create a new user account, does the crashing still happen there?

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

It's finally happened. mad jew is cracking up.
    He lasted longer than anyone else.... 25,000+ posts.

Now, reduced to nonsense babbling about, peripherals, crash logs, and new user accounts.

Shame, shame.....

4. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

You should make a template for these sorts of replies ;) make your life easier :p

5. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Have you repaired disk permissions via Disk Utility (or ran Yasu and had it do everything yet)?

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mate, I cracked long ago. In fact, i don't reckon I've ever been sane...

7. blad3z thread starter macrumors member

Ok...well...

well the screen pops up continously during iTunes when i play music and then when i use safari its comes up once...then after a bit comes up again...

i only use iTunes, WoW (can't get it working) and thats about all i use... it happened after the 2nd last secruity update.. the one that fixed all those other stuff... it also just comes up randomly when nothing is running. im not running any pluggins part from growl and apple quatermaster... but i've never used those...they arent switched on. and thats about it. Im using my macbook pro and everything is fine after the 2nd last update...so...im really lost in whats going on and im thinking about dragging it back to the store but its sooooo much effort so... yep :)

8. jeav111 macrumors newbie

arg

well I've been having the same issue... pop up asking me if I want to shut down /sleep or cancel.

It is quite frustrating and I would love to learn how to fix it.

help help

9. applemagic123 macrumors regular

applemagic123

Just reformat and reinstall the os

I think it's time for you to back up all important data, stick your install dvd in the computer, turn it on, hold down C, go to the top to utilites, reformat (I know you can always do the "Delete and install" but I've found that it works better manually reformatting in disk utility) and just reinstall the os.

It will give you a fresh start. I reformat and reinstall my os once a year, on new years, to give my hard drive a fresh start. It's also good for the hard drive as well to do this.

10. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Wow does not work on powerpc's anymore. So that is FAD.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Um..... 4 year old thread.

12. simsaladimbamba

What are you trying to say with your garbled message?