Please some one help me with my macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Veronica82, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Veronica82 macrumors newbie

Veronica82

:confused: Please some one help me.. Last night I was using my macbook and suddenly stop... I turn it off just pressing the off bottom for 3/5 sec and when I turn it back on.. it shows the apple icon and it make a strange noise and just stay like that... It won't let me in sign in at all... them after 2/3 minutes the apple icon disappear and a blinking file shape with a question mark it appear...and stay like that blinking, blinking.... What does that mean.. What should I do.. Please help... I will lost all my data... this is crazy... what can I do?...Thanks :confused:

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

The blinking icon you see means that your computer cannot find the operating system. This is most likely due to a hard disk problem. Has your hard disk been giving you problems recently?

You can try to boot off the system disk that came with your computer to help diagnose the problem.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can also give this guide a go: Mac doesn't boot

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif,since that question may have been asked several times?

4. Veronica82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Veronica82

No at all... Although my the key "A" it haven't working I plug in my mac desk top keyboard to my macbook.. that was the only problem the last couple days... Ohh gosh.. all my data.. I dont know what to do...

5. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

If you haven't backed up you data, before trying anything else I'd recommend you boot from the CD that came with your Macbook and try to access you hard drive that way. If it works, and you can see your data, back it up to another hard disk or USB drive as soon as you can.

Once that's done then I'd go about trying to fix the hard drive.

If you don't mind me asking how did you break the "A" key?

6. Veronica82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Veronica82

Ok, I will start looking for the CD.. wow.. I wonder where that is.. Thank you. What if I dont find it, there another way?.... I was drinking alcohol and I drop some in the key "A" and key "caps lock" nothing happen to the "caps locks" only the "A"... why you think that contributory to to shot down after 4 days later?...