Please someone help me with my dilemma..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by botchok5, Sep 6, 2010.

1. botchok5 macrumors newbie

Ok here's the situation. Hopefully I get paid tomorrow so I don't miss out on the iPod Touch rebate deal and I've definitely made up my mind to get the 15" i7 Macbook Pro.

I have planned on getting it online with the Hi Res screen and 7200 rpm hard drive. But after looking around the forums, most people say it gets delivered around 1 week. And I really need it before the weekend because I'm going back to Uni.

I know if go to the Apple Store where I live, they have the basic stock available, but without the upgrades.

Now my question is, how much more noticeable is the Hi res screen and the performance of the 7200 rpm drive compared to the stock?
    (I do a bit of photo and video editing and it's my first Mac, I've had enough of Windows failing on me).

2. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

Is there some reason you can't get it shipped to your school address?

3. 184550 Guest

If you want the upgrades and need it by this weekend, can't you just pay for next day or two day shipping?

4. botchok5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I was thinking that at first, but I have a feeling it will cause a problem with the card payment because my card is registered on my home address.
    And I remember having this problem with previous purchases before and all it did was delay the order even longer.

@NathanMuir, I think they have to build laptops with custom configurations that's why most Apple Store's only keep the stock models, which is really annoying :(

5. 184550 Guest

That shouldn't be a problem. I ordered countless item sent to my school address.

For instance, if you use Amazon, you can ship the item anywhere. You would just have to fill out the CC information, Billing address and then add the shipping address, in this case your school address.

Even thought it's custom, you wouldn't be able to select a faster shipping method? (I've never ordered anything from Apple's site, so I have no idea on their shipping methods/ policies.)

6. highADP macrumors member

Many Apple stores have a core i7 with HR-AG in their stocks. Unfortunately, that doesn't come with a 7200 rpm choice. However, you can call them to see if they offer an on-site HDD upgrade or not. Some stores do.

7. botchok5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I might try it. And I don't think there's a faster shipping method. Because the laptop gets built and dispatched from Shanghai China.