Please someone help!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bluemonkeyguy, Mar 17, 2011.

1. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

So when I bought my father his iPad 2 at the Apple Store(he was with me), they charged his credit card without any ID check or anything. Do you think I can pull this off myself without him being in the store because I want to get up early and get one? Or do you think that since it was such a rush on launch that they skipped the ID check and would worry about credit card problems after the world stabilizes from the crazy and tragic iPad 2 panic/craze.:p
    Sarcasm is unintelligence's ugly cousin. The question is that, did you donate to Japan?? What are you going to do to help your fellow humans?

2. iLuis macrumors member

Well they don't need to check if you are the card holder person but if you look too young... they maybe ask you for some ID.
    Now is easy to find thefts, when you place an order you got an camera up to you. All the iPad have an single code, so when the person sync with iTunes the info goes to Apple.
    If you do a report to the police station, Apple going to find the iPad. The iPad one day are going to use the Wi-Fi or 3G and "voila" the location comes out.

:)

3. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Lou ferrigno?

4. CerealKillers macrumors member

Well if your dad knows about this then I guess there's no harm. I don't think I have ever been asked to see ID when purchasing anythingwith my credit/debit card. However if your dad doesn't know about this then it is fraud and he will eventually find out when a $500-800 charge comes up on his next bill.