Please, someone who understands wireless networks, HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dellavoce, Oct 31, 2007.

1. dellavoce macrumors regular

Okay, I have jailbroken my touch. I have made modifications using CuteFTP without issue. I have connected using CuteFTP many times. Recently, I got a new wireless router, and ever since, I can't connect to my touch through CuteFTP. I realized that the new router changed the touch's IP address and made that change. No luck. The only thing that I can think of that could be getting in the way is that my old wireless router was unsecured and I set up the new one so that the computer and the touch need a password to access it. I'm at my wits' end here people. Any suggestions?

2. CrockettGTO macrumors regular

On the Touch, go into your settings, then WiFi select forget network (for your previous configuration) then manually join your network with secured information ip, SSID, etc. Once you have successfully joined your network. Open CuteFTP and delete your previous session info (old IP address and renew the session key) and try to connect with the new IP address

3. dellavoce thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I tried it, but I got the following response:

The remote host actively refused the attempt to connect to it.
    1) Please verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.
    2) Verify that the connection port number is correct (under Site Settings | Type tab).
    3) The remote server may be temporarily or permanently inaccessible (try again later).
    4) Verify that you have chosen the right protocol (SSH2, SSL, FTP, etc.) and have setup all required options for that protocol.

I'm not sure how to check these things or exactly what they are.

4. nereidsbeware macrumors newbie

1. that would be the address that you get when you connect to your iPoT. so it looks a little like this: iPhone-[bunch of #s and letters].local.

2. i'm pretty sure you don't need a port set-up.

3. they're saying that your iPoT isn't accessible (which shouldn't be possible).

4. make sure that you are connecting through SFTP (SSH) and not FTP.