Please suggest an application to create ringtones

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeahM, Aug 22, 2008.

1. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Are there any applications that can create ringtones for motorola mobile phones?

I'm looking for something fairly easy to use

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

If your phone supports mp3 ringtones...I use iTunes and Audacity. Audacity can import an Mp3 file of the song you want and will show you the song as a waveform. You can select the ~30 second piece you want from the song, crop it, save it as an AIFF and import it back into iTunes, which can convert it to an mp3 (check your Preferences->Advanced->Importing). Drop the mp3 in the "Sounds" folder on your phone and you're good to go.

3. GabooN macrumors regular

you can do that all from within iTunes if you prefer as well. To crop the song just go to Get Info for the song that you want to use, and adjust the start and end time of the track to your liking. Then right click on the song and select 'convert to mp3' and it will create an mp3 of only the shortened track. For me it inserts it right under the original track. Then I just drag the new file from itunes into a folder of ringtones i have, and delete all traces of the itunes copy. Also go to the original song and cancel the changes you made to start and end time.

hope this helps.

4. Mac In School macrumors 65816

GarageBand.

Attached Files:

5. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I saw that but I was under the assumption that it only worked for the iPhone..

I will give all of the above suggestions a shot.. Thank you

6. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

not much of an application but you cn go to the website nakko.com and make your own there too very easily

7. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Hmm.. None of these worked, I think it may have something to do with my phone not because able to recognize my microSD card. I reformatted it and dropped music, ringtones and even tried a pic, but nothing showed

8. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Will iTunes convert to wave form?

its looks like my phone will only recognize wav ringtones, but it plays mp3's which is kinda dumb.

9. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

:confused:what Moto fone u have!? that only uses wave format ringtones, No iTUNES does not convert to wave. SWITCH does, You can download the trial version with only gives you determined amount of time but most if not all features run in the trail version!

and it works on all three OS's Mac, Linux, and yes......Windows.

:apple:

10. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I have the Motorola i580 from Telus. I spoke to a motorola rep (hotline) and he said that it would only accept wave for ringtones. But plays MP3's, but he didn't sound 100% sure so... I'm kind of on the fence about it

11. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

......hmmm that's odd either the Rep is wrong or Motorola's site is wrong, (scroll down to see all specs of the phone). Suggestion, try to find MOTOROLA forums and search to see who has the same phone and if they have the same issues.

The phone also features a mini USB port so you can connect to your CPU. therefore transferring images/video/music to and from the CPU and the phone.

Look in the pictures section of your phone, select a picture, you should have the option to copy it, or move it from the SDcard to the phone or via bluetooth to another BT device.

If in case you can move it [pics] from the SDcard to the phone, then it would also work with the music, remember that most ringtones should at least be 30 seconds in length, you can add a few seconds more but that's overkill!!
    I'm mostly basing this on two factors, the specs on the web page and my Mot360.

Let us know what happens!

:apple: