Please suggest which ear phones should i buy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paul.1911, May 17, 2011.

1. paul.1911, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011

paul.1911 macrumors newbie

I've Apple iPod & i want to buy earphones for it, i google it, & compare some earphones of SONY and now i'm confused which one should i buy.

check it out >>> here <<<

I want earphones which should produce more bass and optimum treble, to not to damage my ears, and i can hear it for 4-5 hrs continuous. Before i was using Philips SHE3601, & it was going perfect for me, i use it for almost 3 yrs and left one has stop working now.

I listen to trance music and so, after searching, i'm thinking to go for MDR-E10LP/H, but speaker diameter is 13.5mm which is less compare to others and 104dB/mW & 18-22,000Hz
    Does it will give a more or less bass than others? plz suggest

MDR-E9A/B & MDR-ED12LP/R is also looking good. but which one should be the best buy?

I dont like these type of ear phones which fits to ear completely

I think MDR-E10LP/H would be the best buy. What to u suggest me my friends?

Thanks

2. Danimalcracker, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011

Danimalcracker macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Go to headphone.com.

3. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

at your price point it won't be very different from the regular Apple earphones.. unless you want to drop a little more I would just stick to the included Apple earphones

4. Danimalcracker macrumors newbie

Quality

Price does not necessarily equal better quality. Apparently. =D

5. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

True. However $27 headphones are junk, plain and simple. The OP is listing all these "parameter" and "specs", but only wants to spend $27. That's like shopping for the best ground beef for a hamburger.

6. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

Exactly.. anything around 27 bones will be crap unless you find a good deal on eBay for a used pair.

7. paul.1911 thread starter macrumors newbie

can u people give me the link of which earphones you are using or you are talking about?
    or u can just give me a Model no. of it.

8. motty2307 macrumors regular

9. Danimalcracker macrumors newbie

How would you describe the bass? Natural? Warm? Neutral? Or what?

I'm asking because I want to get a good pair of headphones at some point in time, too.

10. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

Yea I agree with the posters , but I'll add this. I purposely use cheap headphones because I abuse the crap out my headphones, plus they spend some considerable time in extreme cold so they develop problems pretty quick from all the abuse. I use the mdr clip on headphones (I can't use earbuds) and they actually have pretty decent sound for a cheap set

11. Danimalcracker macrumors newbie

May I suggest the Koss PortaPro headphones? They have a lifetime warranty.

12. motty2307 macrumors regular

I'd describe it as natural. All ranges of the bass sound exactly like they should, to me at least. And because they are "noise-isolating", I've heard sounds that I've never heard with the standard Apple headphones. I just wish there was a volume/track control like the Apple ones, then they would be perfect.

13. paul.1911, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011

paul.1911 thread starter macrumors newbie

These earphones are looking good, but actually the thing is that I dont want to buy these type of earphones because Ive tried some of these earphones of my frnd & its completely gets fit in ur ear, i mean it makes the ear completely jammed, & u can't hear a person speaking, even if u r in pause.
    and ive the habit of using earphones for 5 to 6 hrs and also sometimes talking to the person while listening, & which is not possible in these until an unless i remove it from ear. so thats the reason. I knw most of the people like these but seriously i not. i dont want to damage my ears.

14. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

If you have a 3G or 4G iPod touch, I recommend this model:

Sony MDR-EX38iP

[​IMG]
    I recommend this model because you can get it online for under US$30 nowadays (I use it with my 4G iPod touch).

15. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

I currently have a pair of Bang & Olufsen A8 http://www.bang-olufsen.com/earphones and they are great. If you ask most people they would say they are overpriced and they are based on just sound quality or just design but when you factor it all together they are a solid deal specially if you get them used. just be careful to shop on eBay because half of the listings are for fake ones.. you can tell by the carrying pouch.. anyways these are the most comfortable earphones you can get and they sound great so if you feel like going the premium route I'd definitely pull the trigger on some A8s.. they should run you about 70 used..

16. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

ohh and also these are not noise canceling so it doesn't feel like you are going deaf or growing an audiophile bacteria culture in your ear when you use them for extended hours.

17. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

What about Meelectronics, Soundmagic, and Brainwavz earphones? They're frequently recommended for value earphones at Head-Fi (an audiophile community) and I own the Brainwavz ProAlpha (which I got for $39.50 at the normal price, but you can keep an eye and get it for much lower).