please talk me in to a touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by taytho, Sep 30, 2007.

1. taytho macrumors 6502

storage is my big issue here. 16 gigs for 50 more bucks than 160 gigs.... that is rough. i have a lot of content. i would really like a touch though. somebody please help me make this decision easier.

2. Cache macrumors regular

Sounds like you already made up your mind...

Anyway, get a touch. :rolleyes:

3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

well to make the decision easier i would probably say go for the iPod classic. it would be EASIER to convince you to get a classic than it would be to convince you to get a touch. go the classic.....there you go, made your decision easier.

4. ShanePod macrumors member

Surf the web over a wireless router which means:
    -store all your music, video, pictures, documents on different websites that can stream and open in safari for the iPod touch
    -Chat on msn, aol, yahoo messenger
    -play fun free only games
    -huge selection of online apps
    -download itunes songs right from the touch

Also:
    -nice BIG screen for viewing all you content.
    -fun and easy to use touch screen
    -Stunningly irresistible design

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Via Flick

6. California King macrumors 65816

iPod touch has better features, looks much nicer, touch screen, etc.

16GB is good enough. Just keep the music that you really like on it. For me, I don't have that problem. I only have 5GB of music on my computer and 30GB iPod.

7. iskhj000 macrumors member

I like it - except for one thing

- I can watch a movie while waiting for the meal to cook at restraunt or getting a pedicure done
    - I can surf the web while my 4 kids have the 3 pc's busy :rolleyes:
    - I can listen to music anywhere
    - I can show all my friends my pictures with the great screen - pictures look fantastic

-The only thing I don't like is I can't easily navigate while in the car. So I got this since it was recommended in this forum. Still waiting to recieve it to see if it solves my problem. http://www.4electronicwarehouse.com/products/monster/ai-remote.html?id=7657

8. GQB macrumors 65816

Apple's product line is pretty clear now, and its just a matter of knowing what you need.
    Personal radio station? Shuffle
    Sport iPod, fit in pocket, blind use? Nano Chubbie
    Really need to carry your entire library of music/video/documents with you? Classic
    Great screen, state of the art, fun to use, browser capable, big 'ooh' factor? Touch
    Need a phone? the obvious.

I'm enjoying my Touch more than any device I've ever owned.

9. GQB macrumors 65816

I cringe whenever anyone mentions in-car use. There's no device that makes that safe. Pick a nice long playlist when you're stopped and use your radio to adjust volume.
    The device in the link may be responsible if you can advance tracks by touch, but any device that requires that you look at a screen to make a choice while driving (whether that's a phone or ipod) should not be operated while driving.

(althought, if you have 4 kids, have one of them run the ipod. :)

10. Windleaf2 macrumors newbie

Go for it!! you know it's what you really want.. I am glad I did.

11. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

What I dont understand is why the hell would you NEED to carry 40K songs with you? Why and , more importantly WHEN would you listen to those? I have an 8GB and about 200 songs of which I listen to less than half really.

Playlists people... sync some playlists and carry what you will listen to in a setting

12. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

I don't know what you should do! I have a 60 GB iPod Video and I have it almost full, except for a few GB that I fill when I record lectures. The 160 GB iPod Classic would be great - especially if you are an audiophile like me :D I also take a lot of road trips with my sisters so having a lot of music on hand is great.

But the Touch looks really cool. And having the wifi internet would be nice. I wish they had a Touch that had more memory. At least 80 GB. But maybe that's what the future holds!

13. ds252 macrumors regular

i had the same problem with space and I went to just use one and impulse bought one and I haven't looked back.

14. trevorlsciact macrumors regular

Yay for bad spending habits! :D :apple:

15. taytho thread starter macrumors 6502

the ipod is not just a movie player. the video content is what takes up the space. movies and tv shows are great while traveling and waiting.... i do a lot of those.

16. taytho thread starter macrumors 6502

very good points.

basically the wifi...... oooooh the wifi. im doing it. thank you all.

17. dooker777 macrumors member

Just get the touch. Web, the screen, youtube, the interface... it's all worth it. Plus 16GB is enough for lots of music and videos. Just sync more often. You'll watch more video on it than on a classic.

18. nlivo macrumors 6502a

go the classic...you will look back.

simple as that.

19. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Um, do you need to have all that content with you all the time? I dread the idea of carrying my entire music-library with me, since it's filled with music that I might listen to occasionally, but not that often. If I carried them with me, it would make shuffle next to useless. By only carrying my "cream of the crop"-music with me, I turned my 5+GB library in to 1+GB library.

Video? Since I can't shuffle through video, I need to make a decision as to what to watch and when. Why not make that decision when you are sitting by your computer, and only sync the videos you want to the device? 16GB would give you enough space for several hours of video. And unless you watch movies ALL THE TIME, that content should last you a very long time.

Learn to prioritize, and only take the stuff that you really want with you. trust me, you will enjoy your content a whole lot more that way.

20. taytho thread starter macrumors 6502

took the plunge.... beautiful.... no regrets at all!!!

21. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

get the touch. I just picked mine up from Costco today. This thing is amazing.