Please....talk me off the ledge

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jackryan57, Jul 13, 2012.

1. jackryan57 macrumors regular

I've been an avid iPhone owner for years now and an avid reader of this forum. I now come to you all for help. I have the iPhone 4 and I'm holding out for the 5. But today I started thinking about stopping into the AT&T store and checking out the Galaxy S3.....I am so jonesing for something new, something to learn all about and explore. Someone please talk me out of it???

2. Kyan31 macrumors newbie

Why should we talk you out of it? The Galaxy S3, and many other devices are way ahead compared to the iPhone. Maybe it's time you move on...

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I don't think there is a hack for that sorry!

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I bought a Galaxy Nexus and I used it for 2 weeks. I rooted it and customized it but still, it didn't come close to what I can achieve with my 4S jailbroken. I ended up giving it to my sister who also wanted to give Android a try and I'm now back to using my 4S.

It's not that I didn't enjoy using the Galaxy Nexus. It was a great phone. It did have it's flaws but that wasn't what made me go back to my 4S. I just missed iOS and how I had my phone setup. No way to tell if you'll have a similar experience or not unless you try. There's no reason not to (other than money). Forget about the people who bash Android. If you feel like you want to give it a try then do so and if you don't like it can't you return it and pay a restocking fee? Unfortunately that wasn't available where I live.

5. chokem macrumors 6502

If you've been an avid iPhone user as you state, you are very used to and comfortable with the iOS ecosystem. I tried an android about a year ago after a couple of years with the 3Gs and i4. I tried to like the Android platform, but soon started to miss the little things iOS does, the smoothness and the apps and went running back to the i4. Some people make the transition smoothly, but I know way more people who have gone from iOS to Android, only to return to iOS within a short period of time.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Exactly what happened to me but you won't know for sure unless you give it a try.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

8. jackryan57 thread starter macrumors regular

No, just looking for a little help in deciding what to do from people I have come to trust with such things. Thanks for your concern

9. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

Be patient and wait till iPhone 5. If its the same phone just a longer screen then who's to blame you for trying Android.

Like you, I wanna try something new and Jelly bean has caught my attention.

10. Subjugator macrumors regular

I did this same thing with an HTC One X. Great phone but nothing compared to a jailbroken 4s so i returned the One X.

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

IMHO, the feel and fit of a cell phone is a decision each individual must evaluate on their own. Your notion to check them out in the store is what most every person does. But without waving a big flag to announce doing so. That was my point.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

12. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

13. jackryan57 thread starter macrumors regular

I jumped! Wow!

14. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

What did you end up getting?

15. jackryan57 thread starter macrumors regular

16. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Do you mind posting a review for us in this thread?

17. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

In the iPhone hacks forum ?

18. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

A regular iPhone may limit you enough to convince you to join the "dark" side.

But a jailbroken iPhone is unmatched, in my opinion. I love it. And I'll probably love the 5 even more.

19. 3bs, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

3bs macrumors 603

3bs

He already started this thread so he might as well. Unless they already made the new section for other phones?

Yes but who knows how long it'll be till there's a jailbreak for the next iPhone.

20. labman macrumors 604

labman

21. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

if you got some time, how about a followup? are you liking the S3? do you miss iOS?